Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Where was Johnny Wild? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/where-johnny-wild-248217/)

oldyeller 10-20-2017 08:06 AM

Where was Johnny Wild?

Where were Johnny Wild and the delights last Wednesday. According to the paper they were supposed to be at Lake Sumter Landing. We went down to see them but no Johnny and no delights.

cypress 10-20-2017 09:05 AM

The band that filled in said the singer had laryngitis. We noticed a lot of people came and left. I didn't think they were bad but if you were expecting someone else...

Chi-Town 10-20-2017 09:22 AM

There was some serious grumbling as people left. The fill-in group, Monique & Ccmpany, is good but different than what people came for. But The Villages entertainment covered as well as they could on short notice and nobody asked for a refund.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

mixsonci 10-20-2017 10:06 AM

I believe the fill in group was American Martian. They weren't bad, but disappointing if you were expecting JW, which I was.

Sandtrap328 10-20-2017 10:31 AM

The fill in group Wednesday at Lake Sumter Landing was Monique and Company - not American Martian.

Monique is a jazz singer and has a great voice but everyone was expecting Johnny and his group.

Hey, adjustments have to be made when the lead singer of a group cannot perform due to health reasons.

Personally, I thought it was rude and disrespectful for people to pick up and leave during Monique's first set. At least, wait until the end of the set instead of turning your back and leaving. Think of the feelings of the performers, folks.

TommyT 10-20-2017 11:09 AM

///

Chi-Town 10-20-2017 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 (Post 1464095)
The fill in group Wednesday at Lake Sumter Landing was Monique and Company - not American Martian.

Monique is a jazz singer and has a great voice but everyone was expecting Johnny and his group.

Hey, adjustments have to be made when the lead singer of a group cannot perform due to health reasons.

Personally, I thought it was rude and disrespectful for people to pick up and leave during Monique's first set. At least, wait until the end of the set instead of turning your back and leaving. Think of the feelings of the performers, folks.

I agree. I had seen Monique & Company recently at LSL and was disappointed that Johnny Wild wasn't there. But I stayed and enjoyed the first set. Besides, it was a nice night and 2 for 1 at the kiosks.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Bogie Shooter 10-20-2017 06:24 PM

Serious grumbling?
I’m thinking if the scheduled act died.....people would come on here and complain.

kcrazorbackfan 10-20-2017 07:22 PM

Seriously? People complaining about "an act at the square" not showing up? Wow, some of you really need to a. get a life, or, b. talk to some people that can help you. Try enjoying the person you're with enough to realize a cancelled act shouldn't matter.

Entertainment at the Squares is just that, entertainment, AND. IT'S. (get ready for this?) FREEEEEEEEEEE.

mixsonci 10-21-2017 12:26 AM

Sorry, American Martian played at LSL on Saturday night and if you read the TOTV Entertainment schedule for LSL for October 14, it also has Johnny Wild listed there at that time, but I understand the newspaper had the correct band name listed for that day.