Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Restaurants open Thanksgiving (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/restaurants-open-thanksgiving-248307/)

HMarie 10-22-2017 05:03 AM

Restaurants open Thanksgiving

Can someone maybe give a list of restaurants open on Thanksgiving this year?

NotGolfer 10-22-2017 07:28 AM

Sonny's might be! You should keep your eye open in the ads in the Daily Sun. They're already beginning to run T.G. openings (think I saw one yesterday).

Ecuadog 10-22-2017 07:31 AM

Go to The Villages Gourmet Club search page.
Scroll down to section 4a (Select Special Interest).
Select "Open on Thanksgiving Day" from the drop-down.
Click on "Search" at the bottom of the page.

Gourmet Club search

Kahuna32162 10-22-2017 07:41 AM

Don't wait to make your reservations, some places already only have limited times available. We booked our by October 1st at Hidden Harbor (great buffet for Thanksgiving)

Madelaine Amee 10-22-2017 08:28 AM

Agree with Kahuna: Don't wait. We had an "invitation" to make a reservation for the Rose Plantation several weeks a go.

By the way, most of the country club restaurants offer Thanksgiving Dinner.

thelegges 10-22-2017 08:55 AM

Rose plantation taking reservations

Madelaine Amee 10-22-2017 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thelegges (Post 1464880)
Rose plantation taking reservations

Legges, are you asking me - if you are, yes they were taking reservations for Thanksgiving, offering it first to their mail list diners. If you google them they will have more information.

Ecuadog 10-22-2017 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 (Post 1464843)
Don't wait to make your reservations, some places already only have limited times available. We booked our by October 1st at Hidden Harbor (great buffet for Thanksgiving)

(emphasis mine)

Harbor Hills?

Harbor Hills buffet

Kahuna32162 10-22-2017 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ecuadog (Post 1464958)
(emphasis mine)

Harbor Hills?

Harbor Hills buffet

Yes, sorry Harbor Hills.

ColdNoMore 10-22-2017 07:35 PM

Count me as one that wishes most restaurants were closed on Thanksgiving for the benefit of their employees, or at the very least ONLY operated with willing volunteers...even if it required a limited service.

Along the same lines, I also wished stores opened no earlier than 9:00AM...on the day after Thanksgiving.

Yes, flame suit is on. :D

thelegges 10-23-2017 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee (Post 1464918)
Legges, are you asking me - if you are, yes they were taking reservations for Thanksgiving, offering it first to their mail list diners. If you google them they will have more information.

Not sure why you thought I was directing a question to you. Post was a statement.... that Rose plantation was taking reservations

Mikeod 10-23-2017 06:49 PM

An alternative. We have purchased a Thanksgiving dinner from Fresh Market the last two years. Got a small, real turkey plus the fixings. All you have to do is reheat them. Very tasty. Not as good as fully homemade, but may be better than some restaurants.

asianthree 10-23-2017 07:38 PM

I am hoping many restaurants will be closed to give their employees time with their families. Fresh market does a nice dinner to go for those who don’t want to cook. Last year I was by myself on thanksgiving and still made a full dinner, just in a smaller amount. Nothing like homemade leftover turkey and stuffing,

C4Boston 10-28-2017 08:12 AM

Thank to everyone for quick posts. Can't wait to become a villager.

vintageogauge 10-28-2017 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdNoMore (Post 1465154)
Count me as one that wishes most restaurants were closed on Thanksgiving for the benefit of their employees, or at the very least ONLY operated with willing volunteers...even if it required a limited service.

Along the same lines, I also wished stores opened no earlier than 9:00AM...on the day after Thanksgiving.

Yes, flame suit is on. :D

There are many employees that want to work on holidays as they need the income. When I owned my business employees were paid a substantial bonus if they "chose" to work when asked. I never forced any of them to come in and rarely did they want to pass up the extra income. I was also always there with them.