Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Political talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/)
-   -   What are your thoughts about the masses of people lining up for FEMA funds? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/what-your-thoughts-about-masses-people-lining-up-fema-funds-248318/)

graciegirl 10-22-2017 09:40 AM

What are your thoughts about the masses of people lining up for FEMA funds?

What are they getting?

I think that FEMA will give you several hundred dollars if your electricity was out and you lost the contents of your freezer.

I see people, thousands of them, and I wonder what is this all about? Should I be lining up?

Does anyone know first hand why so many folks are doing this?

I really don't know. I don't like how I am feeling.

CalGuy 10-22-2017 09:49 AM

A lot are legit in need but many are scammers. What percentage I don't know. I would hope there are more legit folks than scammers but I wouldn't count on it.

I always thought that unless you had Flood Insurance any FEMA assistance was a low-interest loan that is SUPPOSED to be paid back.

Don Baldwin 10-22-2017 10:15 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
A lot are legit in need but many are scammers. What percentage I don't know. I would hope there are more legit folks than scammers but I wouldn't count on it.

I always thought that unless you had Flood Insurance any FEMA assistance was a low-interest loan that is SUPPOSED to be paid back.

And HOW are the "poor" supposed to do that?

Look at WHO is lined up...minorities...they ARE bankrupting us!

larbud 10-22-2017 10:17 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
And HOW are the "poor" supposed to do that?

Look at WHO is lined up...minorities...they ARE bankrupting us!

Yes it's pretty dark out there...

Don Baldwin 10-22-2017 11:01 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
Yes it's pretty dark out there...

And in 30 years...when "America" is 80% dark...your grandchildren WILL curse your name.

Because people like me..."racists" have been telling you since the blacks were freed what would happen.

YOU sent us over the edge in the 1960s...women did it. They started the whole "equality" movement in force. Minorities had protested but it wasn't until the women...the "femonazi's" organized and took in the minorities as allies...did all this nonsense really take off.

You destroyed the goose that laid the golden eggs...white men. Now your great grandaughters will grow up in a world dominated by n!@@ers...congratulations. Your emotions...your twisted sense of "right and wrong"...will eventually kill western civilization. Europe is in as bad a straights as we are with a Muslim invasion.

Your "solutions" only make things worse. Because you deny the FACT that the races are really different species.

Good show girls!

rubicon 10-22-2017 11:28 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest

I always thought that unless you had Flood Insurance any FEMA assistance was a low-interest loan that is hurt, SUPPOSED to be paid back.

Fraud and abuse are prevalent anywhere there is something free to be had be it medicare, FEMA, fake insurance claims . What they all have in common is that people view them as victimless crimes.

They take because no one is hurt its government money. No its taxpayer money. There are continual stories written where government employees know fraud is being committed but because they have a Robin Hood mentality they honor them anyway rich to the poor. these people ought to be fired but public unions protect them.

Analysis some of the Attorney advertisements. They are David pitted against Golith and Golith( Insurance co.) are all bad, nasty stingy. But the other side of the story is that reputable Insurers see and actually are state regulated to be prudent spenders of policyholder funds.

This is a complex topic with not enough room or time to do it justice

Personal Best Regards:

larbud 10-22-2017 12:25 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
And in 30 years...when "America" is 80% dark...your grandchildren WILL curse your name.

Because people like me..."racists" have been telling you since the blacks were freed what would happen.

YOU sent us over the edge in the 1960s...women did it. They started the whole "equality" movement in force. Minorities had protested but it wasn't until the women...the "femonazi's" organized and took in the minorities as allies...did all this nonsense really take off.

You destroyed the goose that laid the golden eggs...white men. Now your great grandaughters will grow up in a world dominated by n!@@ers...congratulations. Your emotions...your twisted sense of "right and wrong"...will eventually kill western civilization. Europe is in as bad a straights as we are with a Muslim invasion.

Your "solutions" only make things worse. Because you deny the FACT that the races are really different species.

Good show girls!

I don't squat to pee!!

Sandtrap328 10-22-2017 12:32 PM

Absolutely right. Whenever there is an opportunity for "free money", some people will be standing in line for it.

I know a Villager whose son owned a bar near the Gulf and an oil spill occurred. He claimed the oil spill took away customers and actually received several thousand dollars from FEMA - even though his business was going under BEFORE the oil spill.

We all probably know someone who has committed insurance fraud with a car accident, home fire, burglary, etc in claiming losses that really did not occur.

No, these are not limited to certain races or economic groups. It is just the human nature when the ethics of religion and a good conscience are let go. How were YOU raised by your parents AND what values did you pass onto your children?

Sandtrap328 10-22-2017 12:34 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
I don't squat to pee!!

Chris seems to be a nice woman. Why does she tolerate you?

dirtbanker 10-22-2017 06:33 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1465009)
Absolutely right. Whenever there is an opportunity for "free money", some people will be standing in line for it.

I know a Villager whose son owned a bar near the Gulf and an oil spill occurred. He claimed the oil spill took away customers and actually received several thousand dollars from FEMA - even though his business was going under BEFORE the oil spill.

We all probably know someone who has committed insurance fraud with a car accident, home fire, burglary, etc in claiming losses that really did not occur.

No, these are not limited to certain races or economic groups. It is just the human nature when the ethics of religion and a good conscience are let go. How were YOU raised by your parents AND what values did you pass onto your children?

Gee...the guy bragged about his son filing a claim with FEMA under those circumstances? What kind of person did he think you were, one that was not bold enough to point out his son was deceitful? Maybe he was trying to "one up" a story of yours...

You and I agree on something, your upbringing has a lot to do with what kind of person you end up being. I always told my kids "right after cake and ice cream on your 18th birthday your moving out, dont do anything your going to regret later when your looking for a new place to live...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Don Baldwin 10-22-2017 07:32 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
I don't squat to pee!!

Do you stand up to those who do?

Quote:

Posted by Guest

Minorities are mostly on welfare already...living for free already...they don't carry insurance and don't need to scam insurance anyway...welfare can give up to $60,000 a year in benefits.

They pass on NO values to their children because they DON'T raise their children any more...3rd world minimum wage earners name Laquisha raises their children. You wonder why the kids these days are so screwed up? They were RAISED...they lived with Laquisha the black single mother and Rosita the Hispanic who can barely speak English...10 hours a day and learned their "values" from them.

Quote:

Posted by Guest
Chris seems to be a nice woman. Why does she tolerate you?

Really douchey Sandy...REALLY douchey. Why are women always such ********?

Quote:

Posted by Guest
Gee...the guy bragged about his son filing a claim with FEMA under those circumstances? What kind of person did he think you were, one that was not bold enough to point out his son was deceitful? Maybe he was trying to "one up" a story of yours...

You and I agree on something, your upbringing has a lot to do with what kind of person you end up being. I always told my kids "right after cake and ice cream on your 18th birthday your moving out, dont do anything your going to regret later when your looking for a new place to live...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

That's cold... It's hard to enjoy your birthday party when you can see your bags stacked at the front door.