Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Political talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/)
-   -   Is a dogs life worth more than a humans? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/dogs-life-worth-more-than-humans-248431/)

graciegirl 10-24-2017 09:49 AM

Is a dogs life worth more than a humans?

I have put this here because it involves how humans act and how people decide what is right and wrong in today's world. I thought this issue would soon get so heated on the regular forum that it would be shut down.

First read this article and then tell us your thoughts...

Is a Dog's Life Worth More Than a Person's? | Psychology Today

Don Baldwin 10-24-2017 10:00 AM

To MANY women...yes.

To a few men...yes.

Most of the rest...no.

Thinking people...which dog and show me the person.

Don Baldwin 10-24-2017 10:02 AM

Many treat their dog better than their child.

CalGuy 10-24-2017 11:31 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
Many treat their dog better than their child.

My daughters have always said they'd like to be reincarnated as one of my wife's dogs.

FWIW our dogs were NOT treated better than the girls. It's just that since the girls are grown up and moved on the dog gets extra spoiling.

dirtbanker 10-24-2017 11:49 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1465980)
My daughters have always said they'd like to be reincarnated as one of my wife's dogs.

FWIW our dogs were NOT treated better than the girls. It's just that since the girls are grown up and moved on the dog gets extra spoiling.

Why don't you share that information with somebody in your own neighborhood? You decided to live someplace else, why don't you get on the political Forum there?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

dirtbanker 10-24-2017 11:50 AM

What kind of nut job raises his kids to believe they're going to be reincarnated as a dog...

graciegirl 10-24-2017 12:25 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
What kind of nut job raises his kids to believe they're going to be reincarnated as a dog...

That isn't what he said. It was whimsy, I am sure.

billethkid 10-24-2017 02:15 PM

I believe there is a hint of chum on the waters!!

Sandtrap328 10-24-2017 02:43 PM

Yes, if the person is Don Baldwin, Larbud, or Bog99.

Wiotte 10-24-2017 02:47 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1466060)
Yes, if the person is Don Baldwin, Larbud, or Bog99.

But, but...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CalGuy 10-24-2017 04:37 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest

Damn you really DO have a problem with reading comprehension. That explains a lot about you.

CalGuy 10-24-2017 04:38 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
That isn't what he said. It was whimsy, I am sure.

Of course it was whimsy but I don't think he's ever had a whimsical thought in his life.

dirtbanker 10-24-2017 05:28 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1465980)
My daughters have always said they'd like to be reincarnated as one of my wife's dogs..

That's wimpsicle alright...

CalGuy 10-24-2017 09:14 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
I have put this here because it involves how humans act and how people decide what is right and wrong in today's world. I thought this issue would soon get so heated on the regular forum that it would be shut down.

First read this article and then tell us your thoughts...

Is a Dog's Life Worth More Than a Person's? | Psychology Today

In the scenario described in the article, I
would probably head for my dog first since that's what would catch my eye. Once I saw the tourist I'd break off to try to save him. Hopefully we don't all get hit by the bus. If it were someone else's dog; unless I had been paying attention to the dog beforehand I'd go straight for the tourist since I wouldn't be focused on the dog.

In a situation where there is a bit more time to react, say both the dog and tourist are struggling in the water, I'd go for the tourist without question.

CalGuy 10-24-2017 09:17 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
That's wimpsicle alright...

Wow you sure got me with that one.