Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Bowlbar...Buffalo Ridge (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/bowlbar-buffalo-ridge-249262/)

Rapscallion St Croix 11-08-2017 12:59 PM

Bowlbar...Buffalo Ridge

The Villages Commercial Property Management

Anybody know what Bowlbar is? Not asking for guesses...I can do that myself.

GoodLife 11-08-2017 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix (Post 1472497)

Bowlbar - Restaurant, Healthy, Gluten Free

Rapscallion St Croix 11-08-2017 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodLife (Post 1472559)

Thanks. I just Googled that three days ago and got no hits.

jnieman 11-08-2017 05:24 PM

This sounds like something I would really like!

patfla06 11-08-2017 05:45 PM

You just made my day.
This is right up my alley - being able to go out for healthy food.

Aloha1 11-11-2017 05:08 PM

I could care less that all their food is gluten free but if they bring a pan asian food flavor to this meat and potatoes centric community (not that there's anything wrong with that:D), I'm all for it!

Mleeja 11-11-2017 07:40 PM

There was a restaurant similar to this in Indy. It did well. However, this is not my “cup of tea”. I hope the restaurant will do well here.

ColdNoMore 11-11-2017 08:33 PM

Be careful of jumping on the 'gluten-free' bandwagon, thinking that it is automatically healthier...unless you have been diagnosed with celiac disease.

Most People Shouldn't Eat Gluten-Free - Scientific American
Quote:

If you embrace such a diet, you'll end up "eating a lot of foods that are stripped of nutrients," Tallmadge said. Studies show gluten-free diets can be deficient in fiber, iron, folate, niacin, thiamine, calcium, vitamin B12, phosphorus and zinc, she said.

"You can eat a healthy diet without gluten, but you have to be very knowledgeable, and most people aren't," Tallmadge said. People who go gluten-free may feel better because, to avoid the protein, they end up cutting out desserts and junk foods, thus losing weight. "They mistakenly attribute that to their gluten-free decision," Tallmadge said.

The Dangers of Going Gluten-Free
Quote:

The good in grains

According to a 2010 comprehensive review in Nutrition Research Reviews, whole grain cereals can protect the body against the disease and aging process caused by oxidation. Oxidation is involved in all the major chronic diseases: metabolic syndrome, obesity, diabetes, cancers and cardiovascular disease.

A whopping 21 percent of Americans are currently making an active attempt to eat gluten-free, according to a Gallup poll published July 23. That percentage dwarfs the 1 percent of the U.S. population diagnosed with celiac disease — the only medical condition that requires gluten-free products for someone with the disease to live a healthy life.

Barefoot 11-11-2017 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdNoMore (Post 1474130)
Be careful of jumping on the 'gluten-free' bandwagon, thinking that it is automatically healthier...unless you have been diagnosed with celiac disease.

Most People Shouldn't Eat Gluten-Free - Scientific American

The Dangers of Going Gluten-Free

Everything in moderation.
Gluten-free occasionally shouldn't be a problem, should it? :icon_hungry:

Barefoot 11-11-2017 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix (Post 1472497)

Is the Bowlbar replacing Crispers?

ColdNoMore 11-11-2017 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barefoot (Post 1474238)
Everything in moderation.
Gluten-free occasionally shouldn't be a problem, should it?
:icon_hungry:

You are absolutely correct...moderation IS the key.

Besides, I understand that there is a lot of high quality chocolate...that's gluten free. :D

CFrance 11-12-2017 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdNoMore (Post 1474242)
You are absolutely correct...moderation IS the key.

Besides, I understand that there is a lot of high quality chocolate...that's gluten free. :D

I would certainly appreciate a bowl of gluten-free chocolate.:pepper2:

CFrance 11-12-2017 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barefoot (Post 1474241)

According to the link in post #1, it will be in Buffalo Ridge. I don't know if the former Crisper's location would be considered Buffalo Ridge.

graciegirl 11-12-2017 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barefoot (Post 1474241)

I betcha you are right.

Jaggy 11-12-2017 08:17 AM

the sign on the old Crispers location still reads a Mexican Restaurant is going to be there... The sign has been there for ages.