Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Christmas Dinner (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/christmas-dinner-249464/)

Challenger 11-12-2017 10:24 AM

Christmas Dinner

Looking for a great place for visiting family (6 persons total)

Any really good suggestions?

Challenger 11-12-2017 10:38 AM

Where for Christmas Dinner for 6

Family coming - want really good experience - Help

Nucky 11-12-2017 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Challenger (Post 1474425)
Family coming - want really good experience - Help

Try The Rose Plantation, you will be more popular with the family than Santa Claus. It really is nice there and the food is great.

sallybowron 11-12-2017 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Challenger (Post 1474411)
Looking for a great place for visiting family (6 persons total)

Any really good suggestions?

I wonder if The Rose Plantaation will be open that day. It is on Rose Avenue in Fruitland Park.

bilcon 11-12-2017 11:53 AM

Demshars in Spanish Springs is very good and will be open on Christmas Day.

mixsonci 11-12-2017 12:21 PM

Another vote for Rose Plantation if they're open

bilcon 11-12-2017 12:22 PM

I thought of another fantastic place for dinner, but I don't know if it is open Christmas. The Mission Inn, Howie in The Hills, Fl. A bit of a drive, but their Brunch is fantastic. Includes everything you can think of from breakfast items, pasta stations, carving stations etc. This is a high end buffet. I do not normally like buffets, but this one is great. Only my opinion.

"I have never been wrong, I thought I was once, but I was mistaken" Charles Schultz.

Abby10 11-12-2017 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bilcon (Post 1474480)
I thought of another fantastic place for dinner, but I don't know if it is open Christmas. The Mission Inn, Howie in The Hills, Fl. A bit of a drive, but their Brunch is fantastic. Includes everything you can think of from breakfast items, pasta stations, carving stations etc. This is a high end buffet. I do not normally like buffets, but this one is great. Only my opinion.

"I have never been wrong, I thought I was once, but I was mistaken" Charles Schultz.

You intrigued me with that suggestion and in looking it up, I see they are open on Christmas day -

La Hacienda Restaurant | Mission Inn

CFrance 11-12-2017 04:29 PM

Quote:

I've had their brunch. Very good!

bandsdavis 11-12-2017 08:47 PM

I know this is a little off topic (although the title is "Christmas Dinner" ) but I thought many of you might enjoy it.

Noel Paul Stookey - Christmas Dinner - YouTube

Abby10 11-13-2017 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bandsdavis (Post 1474679)
I know this is a little off topic (although the title is "Christmas Dinner" ) but I thought many of you might enjoy it.

Noel Paul Stookey - Christmas Dinner - YouTube

Sure did........thank you! Beautiful song.

Susancruiser 11-13-2017 08:34 AM

another vote for the Mission Inn... It is wonderful

gizmo 11-21-2017 01:05 PM

Does anyone know of a good take-out place for Christmas Dinner for 6 or more?

PNaughton 11-21-2017 02:48 PM

Quote:

A great place. Make sure you don't eat the day before they have so much great food. Also, don't even think of the lap swimming pool.:bigbow:

Barefoot 11-30-2017 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gizmo (Post 1478902)
Does anyone know of a good take-out place for Christmas Dinner for 6 or more?

I think Fresh Market on 466 offers take-out.