Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages Golf Course Conditions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-golf-course-conditions-471/)
-   -   Orange Blossom (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-golf-course-conditions-471/orange-blossom-249498/)

ldj1938 11-13-2017 08:40 AM

Orange Blossom

Played there yesterday. Best shape of any course in TV. Greens are immaculate. Tees are smooth, level and green! Take care of it when you play there. Keep it nice.

billethkid 11-13-2017 09:16 AM

Does that mean there is a golf course in TV where players actually rake the bunkers? Fix ball marks on the greens?
Fill in divots?

Bot being facetious or sarcastic. It is the sad truth that there are so many who do not think/believe the above is part of the game.

rjn5656 11-14-2017 06:14 AM

I fix ball marks all over the green when I play. Gave up on the traps unless I am in there. Can't understand why people won't take care of the greens/traps when it makes it better for everyone to play.

Biker Dog 11-14-2017 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjn5656 (Post 1475130)
I fix ball marks all over the green when I play. Gave up on the traps unless I am in there. Can't understand why people won't take care of the greens/traps when it makes it better for everyone to play.

:agree:

Two Bills 11-14-2017 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjn5656 (Post 1475130)

My old GC. had a sign over starters hut. Please repair your divot marks, and one other.

bbrizendine 11-16-2017 08:40 PM

Because they don't have a clue. If they would install Champions they would not have that problem because you would have to hit real golf shot in to the green to even make a slight ball mark. Chips and skips don't phase it.

bbrizendine 11-16-2017 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ldj1938 (Post 1474775)
Played there yesterday. Best shape of any course in TV. Greens are immaculate. Tees are smooth, level and green! Take care of it when you play there. Keep it nice.

awesome thanks for the heads up.

kcrazorbackfan 11-16-2017 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ldj1938 (Post 1474775)

You've got to remember that there's a certain class people here who consider themselves the privileged/entitled they think it's below them to "fill them, fix them and rake them".

I played Belle Glade last week on a busy day (I had plenty of time waiting) and during that round I fixed 57 ball marks (not counting my 18) and used 5 bottles of sand fixing divots (and I don't take divots, I sweep the ball; easier on the repaired shoulders); didn't hit in any bunkers so I don't know what condition they were in.