Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Political talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/)
-   -   New tax bill (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/new-tax-bill-250053/)

Rockyrd 11-25-2017 05:36 PM

New tax bill

"President Donald Trump says he doesn’t want to cut taxes on the rich. His Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said he doesn’t want to cut taxes on the rich. The Democratic Party says they don’t want to cut taxes on the rich. Americans say they don’t want to cut taxes on the rich.

The House and Senate Republican tax bills are taking a different approach: They are cutting taxes on the rich—significantly. Their plans would slash the corporate tax rate by almost half, cut taxes on pass-through income for smaller businesses, eliminate the Alternate Minimum Tax, and erode the estate tax, all of which disproportionately help rich families. This comes at a time when post-tax corporate profits as a share of GDP have hovered at a record-high level for the last seven years, and the top 1 percent's share of total income is higher than any time in the second half of the
20th century."

Amazing, but no mention on this forum at all

Rockyrd 11-25-2017 05:45 PM

Just hoping people read and understand. By the way...the economists are from both sides of the aisle ..

"Republicans have been selling their tax overhaul plan as a major booster for the U.S. economy. In fact, they have argued that it would grow the economy so much that cuts would largely pay for themselves.

But on both counts, top economists are doubtful."

Poll: Economists Unanimous That Debt Would Balloon Under GOP Tax Plan : NPR

Rockyrd 11-25-2017 05:48 PM

This from the conservative National Review....

"Like the Titanic steaming towards that iceberg, the GOP’s tax plan is reported to be moving forward at some speed. No, no, what am I saying? For all his faults, the Titanic’s captain did not actually design the iceberg that sank his ship. The Republican leadership, on the other hand…. Even if we forget about their impact on the deficit (and we shouldn’t), the Republican tax plans have been characterized by extraordinarily sloppy thinking, so sloppy indeed that it’s impossible not to wonder what, if anything, was going through the heads of the GOP leadership."

Read more at: The GOP’s Tax Plan: Paving the Way to a Democratic Majority | National Review

Paper1 11-25-2017 06:14 PM

The tax plan is targeting one thing only, the mid term elections in November of next year. The economy, national debt, opioid crisis, national disasters are all down on list. Unfortunately it’s going to work. IMHO

Rockyrd 11-25-2017 06:25 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
The tax plan is targeting one thing only, the mid term elections in November of next year. The economy, national debt, opioid crisis, national disasters are all down on list. Unfortunately it’s going to work. IMHO

That cannot be...Trump said our country came before any politics. Do you mean he lied ?

dirtbanker 11-25-2017 06:47 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1480660)
That cannot be...Trump said our country came before any politics. Do you mean he lied ?

No it means you have decided a tax cut is political...

Obviously you are not rich...otherwise you would not have stated in the other thread that Trumps tax plan is going to make the rich richer. People do not make their fortunes from tax cuts.

Just sit back and think of how tax increases never made the poor less poor...we wait for your non answer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Rockyrd 11-25-2017 07:34 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
No it means you have decided a tax cut is political...

Obviously you are not rich...otherwise you would not have stated in the other thread that Trumps tax plan is going to make the rich richer. People do not make their fortunes from tax cuts.

Just sit back and think of how tax increases never made the poor less poor...we wait for your non answer.

You make zero sense. NONE.

No, I am not rich. In reading the proposal, I see temp minor tax breaks and then increases for those in the middle, and even more increases for rich.

Not what he ran on, but nothing he is doing or not doing is in any way related to his campaign.

I was hoping for the promised complete comprehensive tax overhaul, but then again I had hopes to make changes in Obamacare.

I do worry about our deficit....suddenly it does not seem at all important to the same guys who talked for 8 years about it.

Rockyrd 11-25-2017 07:42 PM

Keep an eye on this instead of the Kardashians....

In September, President Trump and Congressional leaders had a pretty easy time avoiding a government shutdown.

All parties agreed to defer hard questions about spending levels for a few months, passing a temporary bill to keep the government open — and Trump caved to Democrats' demand that all aspects of the deal, including the increase in the federal debt limit, be kept short-term.

You may recall this as the period of warm relations between Trump and "Chuck and Nancy" — Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi.

That short-term government funding deal reached during that brief period will run out on December 8. And I don't think a compromise is going to be so easy to reach this time.

Government shutdown odds in December are underrated - Business Insider

wjboyer1 11-25-2017 09:01 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest

No, I am not rich. In reading the proposal, I see temp minor tax breaks and then increases for those in the middle, and even more increases for rich.

Not what he ran on, but nothing he is doing or not doing is in any way related to his campaign.

I was hoping for the promised complete comprehensive tax overhaul, but then again I had hopes to make changes in Obamacare.

I do worry about our deficit....suddenly it does not seem at all important to the same guys who talked for 8 years about it.

This is funny, but also INCREDIBLY... - Occupy Democrats

dirtbanker 11-25-2017 09:11 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1480681)

Yeah that is what you voted for...no actually you voted against it as you voted for someone that made no promises...

dirtbanker 11-25-2017 09:30 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1480681)

OK, go ahead and show me how the poor have become less poor from tax increases...

Your not rich because your not talented enough.

Don Baldwin 11-25-2017 09:42 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
Keep an eye on this instead of the Kardashians....

In September, President Trump and Congressional leaders had a pretty easy time avoiding a government shutdown.

All parties agreed to defer hard questions about spending levels for a few months, passing a temporary bill to keep the government open — and Trump caved to Democrats' demand that all aspects of the deal, including the increase in the federal debt limit, be kept short-term.

You may recall this as the period of warm relations between Trump and "Chuck and Nancy" — Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi.

That short-term government funding deal reached during that brief period will run out on December 8. And I don't think a compromise is going to be so easy to reach this time.

Government shutdown odds in December are underrated - Business Insider

Fiscal year started Oct 1st and they're out of money already???

The stealing must be going very well...

rubicon 11-26-2017 06:37 AM

I am looking for a tax policy that will tax people once and once only. I am not looking for fairness in a tax policy because the term "fairness is elusive" and a dog whistle for "protection of special interests.

I am looking for a tax policy with not tax credits, tax reduction, ie carve outs for anyone corporations, and individuals alike. I am looking for a tax policy that ends estate taxes both federal and state.

I am looking for the day when those do nothing politicians stop reaching into my pockets just because they can.

None of this will ever happen and it would be a pleasant surprise if these politicians past such a bill. Hence I have no great expectations here.

Personal Best Regards:

Rockyrd 11-26-2017 07:33 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
I am looking for a tax policy that will tax people once and once only. I am not looking for fairness in a tax policy because the term "fairness is elusive" and a dog whistle for "protection of special interests.

I am looking for a tax policy with not tax credits, tax reduction, ie carve outs for anyone corporations, and individuals alike. I am looking for a tax policy that ends estate taxes both federal and state.

I am looking for the day when those do nothing politicians stop reaching into my pockets just because they can.

None of this will ever happen and it would be a pleasant surprise if these politicians past such a bill. Hence I have no great expectations here.

Personal Best Regards:

And the question is what you think of the current proposal as proposed by GOP

dirtbanker 11-26-2017 07:57 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1480803)
And the question is what you think of the current proposal as proposed by GOP

Still waiting for you to show how the poor have become less poor from tax increases...

I would have thought that would have been a RUDIMENTARY response with all your EDUCATION...