Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   I told you so. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/i-told-you-so-250103/)

Carl in Tampa 11-26-2017 05:50 PM

I told you so.

Between 5:30PM and 5:45PM Sunday the very offensive thread was removed.

In this same time frame the alternative thread, which was intended to end bumping up the offensive thread, was also removed.

As I predicted, everything under the original posts was removed too, as many of the posts criticized the Mods for not removing the original post sooner, and criticizing the Mods is forbidden by the Terms of Use.

Let's hope that we see no more of the offensive posts. The OP should have been banned.

ColdNoMore 11-26-2017 06:00 PM

You weren't the only one saying that the offensive thread was still up because of no mod/admins around...and not because of a change of site policy.

Moderator 11-26-2017 06:12 PM

I was going to start a new thread to explain what happened today, but, since this one is here I'll just add on to it.

There are several TOTV Moderators, all unpaid volunteers. We have no set schedule or "office hours". Under normal circumstances, one or more moderators are on early in the morning to clean up any issues from the night before. We all usually pop in and out during the day to handle issues that arise.

Today was one of those days where the stars did not align ... no Moderator or Admin had logged into the system from 10 pm last night until 5:30pm today. Unfortunately, 2 separate "new member" trolls had started very offensive threads. Once we logged in, these were dispatched quickly and the offending members have been banned.

We apologize that the issues were not resolved more quickly....just one of those days.

Thanks for your understanding. Our goal is always to enforce the site guidelines and make TOTV a safe, civil place to visit.

billethkid 11-26-2017 06:15 PM

Thank you.

ColdNoMore 11-26-2017 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moderator (Post 1481320)
I was going to start a new thread to explain what happened today, but, since this one is here I'll just add on to it.

There are several TOTV Moderators, all unpaid volunteers. We have no set schedule or "office hours". Under normal circumstances, one or more moderators are on early in the morning to clean up any issues from the night before. We all usually pop in and out during the day to handle issues that arise.

Today was one of those days where the stars did not align ... no Moderator or Admin had logged into the system from 10 pm last night until 5:30pm today. Unfortunately, 2 separate "new member" trolls had started very offensive threads. Once we logged in, these were dispatched quickly and the offending members have been banned.

We apologize that the issues were not resolved more quickly....just one of those days.

Thanks for your understanding. Our goal is always to enforce the site guidelines and make TOTV a safe, civil place to visit.

Thanks for the explanation and thanks to all of you...who VOLUNTEER your time. :BigApplause:

fw102807 11-26-2017 06:16 PM

Thank you for the explanation.

Boomer 11-26-2017 06:22 PM

dbussone 11-26-2017 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moderator (Post 1481320)

Thanks for the explanation. Hope you all had a terrific Thanksgiving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

CFrance 11-26-2017 07:30 PM

Thanks very much.

Carl in Tampa 11-26-2017 08:18 PM

Work at it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdNoMore (Post 1481316)
You weren't the only one saying that the offensive thread was still up because of no mod/admins around...and not because of a change of site policy.

TRY to read with discernment. I didn't allege that I was the only one who thought the Mods had not seen the offensive post.

graciegirl 11-26-2017 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl in Tampa (Post 1481371)
TRY to read with discernment. I didn't allege that I was the only one who thought the Mods had not seen the offensive post.

You are a good guy Carl from Tampa. Merry Christmas. Since you are on Facebook, you know we have been decorating all day.

villagetinker 11-26-2017 08:37 PM

Moderator,
I would like to make a suggestion, if possible, could your system place any post from a new member First post to ??), in a holding area, until reviewed. This might go a long way to stopping the occasional trolls and lurkers that seem to post offensive posts.

And also, we appreciate your volunteer work, keep up the good work.

ColdNoMore 11-26-2017 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl in Tampa (Post 1481371)
:D I told you so.

:shrug:

ColdNoMore 11-26-2017 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 1481378)
Moderator,
I would like to make a suggestion, if possible, could your system place any post from a new member First post to ??), in a holding area, until reviewed. This might go a long way to stopping the occasional trolls and lurkers that seem to post offensive posts.

And also, we appreciate your volunteer work, keep up the good work

Good idea for someone making a first post...who's looking to start problems. :thumbup:

dewilson58 11-26-2017 08:50 PM

Wow..............Volunteers............pretty cool.

Wonder if they will ever call me to volunteer.

:ohdear: