Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Political talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/)
-   -   Senator Al Franken. Resign or Not? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/senator-al-franken-resign-not-250197/)

Taltarzac725 11-28-2017 01:19 PM

Senator Al Franken. Resign or Not?

The Al Franken dilemma - The Washington Post

Should he step down or not?

Cannot say I enjoyed his work as a comedian nor as a writer all that much and I do not know much of what he has done for the people of Minnesota as Senator.

These allegations against him do not look at that serious not compared to those leveled at Donald John Trump and many others.

That picture looks like very juvenile person taking advantage of a sleeping woman. Should not have happened but is hardly cause to end a political career.

AJ32162 11-28-2017 02:20 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
The Al Franken dilemma - The Washington Post

Should he step down or not?

Cannot say I enjoyed his work as a comedian nor as a writer all that much and I do not know much of what he has done for the people of Minnesota as Senator.

These allegations against him do not look at that serious not compared to those leveled at Donald John Trump and many others.

That picture looks like very juvenile person taking advantage of a sleeping woman. Should not have happened but is hardly cause to end a political career.

Tal, you are a hypocrite!

What's in your library that would help survivors/victims of groping?

So much for your 224 613 Project.

billethkid 11-28-2017 02:30 PM

He will just stay on and join the ranks of the other criminals like Rangel, Pelosi, Shummer. The party will continue to circle the wagons UNTIL it might possibly affect them individually.

They protect their own and eat them when need be!!

Rockyrd 11-28-2017 02:34 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
He will just stay on and join the ranks of the other criminals like Rangel, Pelosi, Shummer. The party will continue to circle the wagons UNTIL it might possibly affect them individually.

They protect their own and eat them when need be!!

Wondering why this same question is not entertained relative to the President. Just a few comparisons.

Franken has fewer accusers, has been in politics longer and spent many years in show business.

Trump has MORE accusers, just entered politics, and spent many years in show business AND business.

Kenswing 11-28-2017 02:37 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
Wondering why this same question is not entertained relative to the President. Just a few comparisons.

Franken has fewer accusers, has been in politics longer and spent many years in show business.

Trump has MORE accusers, just entered politics, and spent many years in show business AND business.

How does that matter in the least? I don't care what your party is, what your profession is or even your gender. If it's PROVEN you sexually abused someone you should have your nuts cut off.

Rockyrd 11-28-2017 02:41 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
How does that matter in the least? I don't care what your party is, what your profession is or even your gender. If it's PROVEN you sexually abused someone you should have your nuts cut off.

The thread asked a question about Sen Franken...I simply asked why not ask about Trump. Sorry, but it is legitimate.

I do agree with you by the way on your general body part relignment

rubicon 11-28-2017 02:43 PM

Isn't it interesting we have Conyers, Franken and an additional $16 million tax dollars paid to congressmen who actually did commit vile acts and they still sit in congress.

Yet we have ALLEGATIONS of claims against Moore and the Establishment Republican won't seat him if he wins.
Why because Moore want to help Trump drain the swamp.

I believe any member of the executive, Legislative and Judicial Branches found culpable of discrimination, harassment, etc should be booted from their position
and i include federal/state/local employees

Personal Best Regards:

billethkid 11-28-2017 02:44 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest

Correct...however that has little to do with ANY anti-Trump spinning!!

Rockyrd 11-28-2017 02:45 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
Isn't it interesting we have Conyers, Franken and an additional $16 million tax dollars paid to congressmen who actually did commit vile acts and they still sit in congress.

Yet we have ALLEGATIONS of claims against Moore and the Establishment Republican won't seat him if he wins.
Why because Moore want to help Trump drain the swamp.

I believe any member of the executive, Legislative and Judicial Branches found culpable of discrimination, harassment, etc should be booted from their position
and i include federal/state/local employees

Personal Best Regards:

I agree with you, but nobody will listen to certain accusers. They have been passed off as liars in one sentence. Sen Franken, who did what he did while in show business, admitted his guilt and bad judgement but to my knowledge has not simply dismissed anyone as a LIAR.

Rockyrd 11-28-2017 03:28 PM

Thought I would offer up this reminder since these are real honest to goodness american citizens that have been branded without being heard that the are liars. The second link has a list of them.

"Now that Americans are facing the truth about sexual harassment, will they hold President Trump accountable for his own bad behavior?

Last year, after Trump was heard on an “Access Hollywood” tape bragging about assaulting women, 16 accused him of sexually inappropriate behavior, ranging from voyeurism to assault.

They say he grabbed their breasts and genitals, and kissed them without permission. Beauty pageant contestants say he strolled uninvited into rooms where they were naked and vulnerable. None of the women is hiding behind anonymity. They are on the record. The White House spokeswoman has said they are all lying.

Their names are Cathy Heller, Jill Harth, Temple Taggart, Cassandra Searles, Jessica Leeds, Kristin Anderson, Lisa Boyne, Karena Virginia, Mindy McGillivray, Rachel Crooks, Natasha Stoynoff, Jessica Drake, Ninni Laaksonen, Samantha Holvey, Tasha Dixon and Summer Zervos, who has filed a defamation lawsuit against Trump for calling her a liar."

Will Trump ever have to answer to the women who say he harassed and assaulted them? - LA Times

"But in recent weeks several of Trump’s accusers have said that while they’re happy sexual harassment is being discussed more openly, they’re still dismayed that their own stories seem to have had little impact. Some have continued speaking out, hoping that away from the chaos of the election, people might be more ready to listen to their accounts. A defamation suit filed by Summer Zervos, one of the accusers, has also opened up the possibility that they’ll get their day in court.

But for now, Trump seems entirely unfazed by the allegations hanging over him. Press Secretary Sarah Sanders confirmed last month that it is the White House’s official position that every single one of the women is lying, and Trump has not shied away from condemning alleged sexual harassers (if they’re Democrats)."

What Happened to Trump’s 16 Sexual-Misconduct Accusers

Topspinmo 11-28-2017 03:59 PM

As long as there are slimball lawyers and perverts with lots of money this will never go away. IMO Frankenstein and Moore accusers are late and only have political and financial motives, otherwise they would of exposed them in timely manner. For the ones that took the money and signed agreement to keep they're mouths shut. they felt the money was more important that getting justice course the lawyer wanted his cut over justice didn't he. Amazing how everybody on Moore case that may or not happened 30 or 40 years ago with no physical evidence. They should of came forward when the evident was still relevant.

Rockyrd 11-28-2017 04:28 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
As long as there are slimball lawyers and perverts with lots of money this will never go away. IMO Frankenstein and Moore accusers are late and only have political and financial motives, otherwise they would of exposed them in timely manner. For the ones that took the money and signed agreement to keep they're mouths shut. they felt the money was more important that getting justice course the lawyer wanted his cut over justice didn't he. Amazing how everybody on Moore case that may or not happened 30 or 40 years ago with no physical evidence. They should of came forward when the evident was still relevant.

You can always tell a Trump lover and supporter.

They mock everything and everybody....and have no respect for just about anything, except Trump.

Speaking of the Frankenstein comment, which was not necessary

Don Baldwin 11-28-2017 07:35 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest

So...women who psychologically abuse men should have their heads cut off? Fair is fair. If it's PROVEN they psychologically abused someone.

Topspinmo 11-28-2017 09:00 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
You can always tell a Trump lover and supporter.

They mock everything and everybody....and have no respect for just about anything, except Trump.

Speaking of the Frankenstein comment, which was not necessary

Actually I hit the wrong key and the iPad substituted it.

Did I hurt you feelings:icon_bored: I didn't mention trump you did. Once trump gone it will be pence, then Ryan and any other non member of party of cheat and lie ((DNC))

I can always tell a party member of the lying and cheating DNC. Everything about trump, before trump it was bush, before bush it was Ryan, if want Ryan it was Boehner, wasn't him it was Cheney. Not Frankenstein or Conmanyers, slick Willie the cigar poker. hypocrite.

Rockyrd 11-29-2017 06:55 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
Actually I hit the wrong key and the iPad substituted it.

Did I hurt you feelings:icon_bored: I didn't mention trump you did. Once trump gone it will be pence, then Ryan and any other non member of party of cheat and lie ((DNC))

I can always tell a party member of the lying and cheating DNC. Everything about trump, before trump it was bush, before bush it was Ryan, if want Ryan it was Boehner, wasn't him it was Cheney. Not Frankenstein or Conmanyers, slick Willie the cigar poker. hypocrite.

I was/am the biggest Bush supporter on here.

You are really confused. I AM a conservative....I WAS a Republican.

The difference ? I left because with the nomination of Trump, they completely gutted the many years I served that party and the morals and honesty I supported actively.

Trump is the difference....watch as that party disintegrates before your eyes.

Do not mix me up with anyone. I AM a conservative....and belive in conservative values.

Trump does not