Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   space savers @ MVP (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/space-savers--mvp-250248/)

Chatbrat 11-29-2017 06:46 PM

space savers @ MVP

We belong to MVP sports club,

It appears she has run into a territorial clique of people who like to take over certain sections of class space--this is akin to the chair savers @ the squares

I will be approaching mgt to stop this practice before something ugly arises

I don't get why people have to be joined @the hip here for every little thing they do--I thought this vanished when you graduated from high school

Bigben007 11-29-2017 07:03 PM

Now that MVP is offering free membership to UHC advantage members, the place is going to be so crowded,

CFrance 11-29-2017 07:48 PM

Who is "she"?

Chatbrat 11-29-2017 07:49 PM

she is my wife

patfla06 11-29-2017 07:52 PM

What is with the constant need to be in “your” group?

Are we five?

NotGolfer 11-29-2017 08:48 PM

It happens at the rec centers for their exercise classes as well. Guess folks never out-grew the need to act childish!

CFrance 11-29-2017 09:34 PM

People find a spot they're comfortable with, and they want to stay there. It happens in church; it happens in exercise class. At the MVP weights class twice a week, timing was such that I needed to make a quick exit. So I wanted to be in the back, near the door and the weight and mat holders. I got there early to make sure I could get a spot at the back. I can't imagine someone would come in and make OP's wife move. She could just say no. I doubt management will do anything about it. IMO there's nothing wrong with wanting to stand by your friends unless your making someone else move who is already there.

I wonder how crowded this place will be after they start accepting Silver Sneakers. Maybe they will open a third one farther south.

rubicon 11-30-2017 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigben007 (Post 1482738)
Now that MVP is offering free membership to UHC advantage members, the place is going to be so crowded,

come back. What are you saying? MVP does not belong to Silver Sneakers. so how can they offer UHC free membership? If true this creates serious suspicion

rubicon 11-30-2017 05:47 AM

I prefer to go to MVP in Spanish Springs.

there are a few members who seem to believe that instead of monthly membership they rent equipment by the hour because they sit on the equipment and chat for long periods of time with friends . I complained but like the ambassadors on the golf course the attendants just blink and deflate. they need signage to remind members that some people come to do a workout and not to socialize

tuccillo 11-30-2017 06:42 AM

I don't find this to be a problem. In every gym I have belonged, if you use the phrase "Would you mind if I work in with you?", in virtually every case will result in a sharing of the equipment. You might even make a new friend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubicon (Post 1482889)
I prefer to go to MVP in Spanish Springs.

there are a few members who seem to believe that instead of monthly membership they rent equipment by the hour because they sit on the equipment and chat for long periods of time with friends . I complained but like the ambassadors on the golf course the attendants just blink and deflate. they need signage to remind members that some people come to do a workout and not to socialize