Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Sports Talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/sports-talk-132/)
-   -   Tiger is back (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/sports-talk-132/tiger-back-250298/)

Plowboy 12-01-2017 07:11 AM

Tiger is back

Setting aside tigers personal life, I am so happy to see him on the course. Hands down, the best golfer of all time.

rjn5656 12-01-2017 08:00 AM

Happy to see him out there, would be more happy if he is in contention on sunday. Might not agree with things he did in his personal life, but love to watch him golf.

billethkid 12-01-2017 08:06 AM

The only real revelry for or about Tiger is his past performance, on the golf course that is!

His presence will only detract from the real talent of today as some of the media and announcers tend to live in the past and over cover his current play at the expense of those playing much better golf.

I blame those doing the coverage...not Tiger.

SKIMAN 12-01-2017 08:18 AM

Who??????

Taltarzac725 12-01-2017 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 1483351)
The only real revelry for or about Tiger is his past performance, on the golf course that is!

His presence will only detract from the real talent of today as some of the media and announcers tend to live in the past and over cover his current play at the expense of those playing much better golf.

That seems to go with being a celebrity with a large fan base. The media will fix on the story of Tiger's getting back in the game or not. I hope he returns to his old form but his body might not allow him.

Bonny 12-01-2017 08:55 AM

I, for one, am happy to see Tiger playing again. I hope he does well.

billethkid 12-01-2017 09:01 AM

I personally do not think Tiger will ever play again as he did during his prime years.

Then he was a fresh mind focused on all that was golf.

His mind has since become polluted with too many negatives including marital and physical stresses and strains. All of which cause him to not to be able to focus on the "game".
Now all his energies are focusing on needing to "come back".

His demeanor is not capable of handling or accepting his current level of capability/play. Hence he has become his own worst enemy!!

mickey100 12-01-2017 11:01 AM

I don't think anyone has any idea of what Tiger can handle mentally or physically. We will have to wait and see. I'm rooting for him too. He has a tremendous amount of talent. If anyone can make a successful comeback, it will be Tiger.

JoMar 12-01-2017 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 1483351)

You said media and announcers but left our his biggest supporters, his competition. They understand that he changed the game and gave them the opportunity to experience the golf at a different level. The purses they play for, the venues they play on, the physicality they strive for all are traced to Tiger. Love him or hate him, but all those that you feel have more talent all owe what they have today, to Tiger. He will never play as he did before, he will never play as many tournaments as he did before and he will never win as he did before. But when he does he will command the respect of the others on the course and he will attract a fan base that realizes what he brought to the game and will support him.

Bonny 12-01-2017 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoMar (Post 1483558)
You said media and announcers but left our his biggest supporters, his competition. They understand that he changed the game and gave them the opportunity to experience the golf at a different level. The purses they play for, the venues they play on, the physicality they strive for all are traced to Tiger. Love him or hate him, but all those that you feel have more talent all owe what they have today, to Tiger. He will never play as he did before, he will never play as many tournaments as he did before and he will never win as he did before. But when he does he will command the respect of the others on the course and he will attract a fan base that realizes what he brought to the game and will support him.

Well said !! :agree:

Plowboy 12-01-2017 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoMar (Post 1483558)

Well said sir. :bigbow:

mickey100 12-01-2017 02:02 PM

He's in the lead right now. Hope he can keep it going all weekend.

kcrazorbackfan 12-01-2017 08:18 PM

Easy, peeps! It's only day 2 in the comeback. I hope this comeback is long-lived; golf needs a middle ager to push the young-guns.

Villageswimmer 12-01-2017 08:25 PM

I give him a lot of credit for overcoming numerous obstacles and wish him the best.

MikeV 12-01-2017 08:56 PM

I may watch golf again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk