Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Pest Control (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/pest-control-469/)
-   -   Problem with overspray on house from lawn and pest control service (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/pest-control-469/problem-overspray-house-lawn-pest-control-service-250534/)

mcewingg 12-06-2017 12:48 PM

Problem with overspray on house from lawn and pest control service

Has anyone else in The Villages had problems recently with excessive staining on their home from their lawn care and pest control service provider?

rubicon 12-06-2017 12:55 PM

oh heck no I open the doors and windows when they spray so I can get a two'fer :D

No is my answer Massey is especially careful with the chemicals they apply

graciegirl 12-06-2017 01:11 PM

No. Power washing is very easily obtained and quite economical. Usually not more than 50-60 bucks for a designer sized home.

TommyT 12-06-2017 01:39 PM

May not be pest control. May be the sprinklers and yes, they will stain stucco over a period of time...

villagetinker 12-06-2017 05:09 PM

This has happened occasionally, a quick call to the pest company, and they were out to clean the spray. Now as noted above, the irrigation water WILL stain your house. SNO-CAP will clean this very quickly with a garden sprayed and the garden hose to rinse off.

jojo 12-06-2017 06:30 PM

Stains on our house are definitely from the sprinklers. We are constantly adjusting. Thanks for the SNO-CAP tip. Assume you can get this at Ace?

villagetinker 12-06-2017 09:15 PM

Yes, ACE in Wildwood was where I got it, they only had a 4 pound (?) box, and it goes a long way, probably a few years worth. Follow the directions, I let it set about 10 minutes and hosed off, great results.

Waverunner 12-06-2017 11:19 PM

Our front door is stained and of course not near a sprinkler. We had a paint company come out and give us an estimate to paint the exterior. He showed us, very plainly, where the pesticide spray was running across the bottom of the front door and penetrating the stain. He recommended that the pesticide company not use a spray, but use a granular product to treat the ground areas around the house, and to keep any sprays off the exterior paint.

Particularly important with Sherwin Williams paint guarantee.

sallybowron 12-07-2017 11:06 AM

Overspray

Our company was dripping on the neighbors driveway so my husband went out and removed the stains with muriatic acid,

HogPilot 12-07-2017 03:19 PM

Our pressure washing tech also recommended CLR to remove the stains caused by the irrigation sprinklers. I mixed about 2 oz CLR (its highly concentrated) to less than a 1/2 gallon of water. Sprayed the stained area with water, used a scrub brush with the CLR solution and rinsed the area. Repeated where it was heavily stained.

Adjusted the affected sprinkler heads to prevent further staining.

karostay 12-07-2017 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyT (Post 1486027)
May not be pest control. May be the sprinklers and yes, they will stain stucco over a period of time...

I agree have stains from irrigation water
My solution apply a product called
Snowcap Snowcap - Wide Variety of Uses
You can find it at ACE Hardware
Follow directions watch the stains disappear