Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Dog Haters in Pine Ridge (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/dog-haters-pine-ridge-250535/)

olliedog1950 12-06-2017 01:17 PM

Dog Haters in Pine Ridge

Be careful, yesterday my wife took our Sheltie outside about 9 a.m. Our dog watched as a husband and wife walked along the sidewalk on Moyer loop just south of Pine Ridge Pool.
Our dog is very gentle, does not bark and loves both dogs and humans. The man asked my wife to call our dog so he would not be near him and his wife.
The man then proceeded to walk onto our lawn and kick our dog and actually knocked him over. Our dog is 40 lbs. Of course my wife told him off and his reply was "Get it now!, we hate dogs!"
Lucky I was not there, watch out for this couple.:doggie:

vintageogauge 12-06-2017 01:21 PM

That's why God invented phones with cameras. Don't leave home without it. A nice published photo would have been nice. An no worry about repercussions as long as the truth is said.

rubicon 12-06-2017 01:23 PM

I am afraid of dogs but only four kinds big, little, alive, dead:D

If you were walking your dog and approaching me I would walk a mile out of my way to avoid your dog.

If as I were approaching you dog s/he rolled over on his/her back to be petted I would walk a mile out of my way to avoid your dog

If your dog held in its jaws a million dollars to give to me free........................................:D:D:D

Taltarzac725 12-06-2017 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olliedog1950 (Post 1486009)
Be careful, yesterday my wife took our Sheltie outside about 9 a.m. Our dog watched as a husband and wife walked along the sidewalk on Moyer loop just south of Pine Ridge Pool.
Our dog is very gentle, does not bark and loves both dogs and humans. The man asked my wife to call our dog so he would not be near him and his wife.
The man then proceeded to walk onto our lawn and kick our dog and actually knocked him over. Our dog is 40 lbs. Of course my wife told him off and his reply was "Get it now!, we hate dogs!"

That is really sad. Take pictures with your phone and call the police if that happens again. Have your wife report this now too if she has not already. Good luck.

Kahuna32162 12-06-2017 01:26 PM

If he came on MY lawn and kicked MY dog, I'd be calling the sheriff to pick up what was let of him.

John_W 12-06-2017 01:39 PM

I don't know why you didn't call the police, that's what they are for. These people broke the law, they even tresspassed to do so. I would call the police today anyway and file a report, do you know which home they live in?

CWGUY 12-06-2017 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olliedog1950 (Post 1486009)

:ohdear: PLEASE read post 5 & 6

Wiotte 12-06-2017 01:46 PM

America’s Friendliest Hometown ! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rapscallion St Croix 12-06-2017 01:47 PM

Testing one, two, three
http://www.beagardner.com/wp-content...sRacistAds.jpg

Here2Stay 12-06-2017 01:49 PM

Sad people all around us!

How sad, BUT I can promise you..kick my dog, and you will find yourself on the way to the ER room!

CWGUY 12-06-2017 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiotte (Post 1486034)
America’s Friendliest Hometown ! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:what: Not a town.... just one :censored:A.H.

graciegirl 12-06-2017 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix (Post 1486037)

I so agree.

I so agree.

Nucky 12-06-2017 02:32 PM

I'm almost certain that all dogs are to be on a leash when they are outside. It makes sense because not everyone loves dogs the way we do. I read about this on this Forum as it being the law. I did no further investigation I accepted it because it sounded correct. Was you dog on a leash?

I was a chronic bad boy in regard to the rule. I love rules but I knew my dog would obey any command given him by my wife or me. I risked my dog biting someone and financially ruining us. What your situation boils down to as I understand it at this point, if he was off the leash you have no beef, if he was under control of a leash or dog run then these kicking humans suck. Either way I feel bad for the dog and I'm sure he doesn't have a sign around his neck that says "Our dog is very gentle, does not bark and loves both dogs and humans." People have their rights and so do animal's and every story has three sides. Here's to hoping things go smoothly from here on out. I wish the best for you and your pup.

EPutnam1863 12-06-2017 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_W (Post 1486028)
I don't know why you didn't call the police, that's what they are for. These people broke the law, they even tresspassed to do so. I would call the police today anyway and file a report, do you know which home they live in?

Sadly there is nothing the police can do unless you have the address and/or ID of the scumbag. A photo won't help if you still don't know where he lives or his ID. We cannot expect the cops to knock all the doors to find that guy.

Who knows but maybe they were just visitors and are already gone?

EPutnam1863 12-06-2017 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix (Post 1486037)

You must be kidding? You think no such thing happened?