Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   GracieGirl (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/graciegirl-250569/)

graciegirl 12-07-2017 09:49 AM

GracieGirl

Someone is using the screen name "Graciegirl" on the online news and it is not me.

So if you see that moniker please don't think they are my opinions.

I have always posted as my Facebook name on that site which is (someone asked me to take my name down) Now they have changed and the name that many people know me as on this site is being used by someone else on the online news.

The woes of communicating online have now arrived at my doorstep.

dewilson58 12-07-2017 10:28 AM

I didn't think you would notice.

:loco:

Taltarzac725 12-07-2017 10:31 AM

I have had that happen to me on other forums. Sorry to hear someone is using that tactic on you.

CFrance 12-07-2017 10:40 AM

Perhaps Meta would do something about it? She's at Panera from 10-12 today.

Wiotte 12-07-2017 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 1486440)
Perhaps Meta would do something about it? She's at Panera from 10-12 today.

Who is this Meta person ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sallybowron 12-07-2017 10:49 AM

"The woes of communicating online have now arrived at my doorstep."

The woes of being so wonderful have now arrived at your doorstep... But don't change!! It would be hard for someone to imitate you sweetie.

fw102807 12-07-2017 11:08 AM

This is so sad. You can't believe anything anymore. The news is false the forums are iffy and nothing on Facebook is believable.

Barefoot 12-07-2017 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1486434)
I didn't think you would notice.

:evil6:

manaboutown 12-07-2017 11:39 AM

Yet another form of identity theft!

CFrance 12-07-2017 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiotte (Post 1486443)
Who is this Meta person ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She's the owner of the online paper.

billethkid 12-07-2017 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fw102807 (Post 1486454)
This is so sad. You can't believe anything anymore. The news is false the forums are iffy and nothing on Facebook is believable.

The second reason I signed up and quit the same day many, MANY years ago.

The first reason was the shock I experienced when witnessing what friends and school kids were saying they did and do and the toilet language they used.

Recognition and one up man ship at any cost.

Not for us. We belong to no social media other than strictly controlled forums (except for TOTV political entertainment site).

graciegirl 12-07-2017 12:16 PM

I am guilty of posting a lot.

I love the interaction of others on this forum and in this town. Folks don't always agree with me or me with them but I have so enjoyed this forum particularly.

Not too many years left to post and I find that I have so many questions about things anymore and I am so interested in how the world is happening and sometimes astonished, sometimes pleased, sometimes angry and most times totally confused by a lot that happens today that wasn't commonplace in the past.

Both of our grandchildren have become journalists so maybe if I had been born as smart, I would have become one too.

Thank you to the folks on this forum I don't annoy. And God help the ones I do.

fw102807 12-07-2017 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 1486480)
The second reason I signed up and quit the same day many, MANY years ago.

The first reason was the shock I experienced when witnessing what friends and school kids were saying they did and do and the toilet language they used.

Recognition and one up man ship at any cost.

Not for us. We belong to no social media other than strictly controlled forums (except for TOTV political entertainment site).

I do not accept friend requests on FB from anyone except very close friends and family that I want to keep in touch with.

jebartle 12-07-2017 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1486492)
I am guilty of posting a lot.

I love the interaction of others on this forum and in this town. Folks don't always agree with me or me with them but I have so enjoyed this forum particularly.

Not too many years left to post and I find that I have so many questions about things anymore and I am so interested in how the world is happening and sometimes astonished, sometimes pleased, sometimes angry and most times totally confused by a lot that happens today that wasn't commonplace in the past.

Both of our grandchildren have become journalists so maybe if I had been born as smart, I would have become one too.

Thank you to the folks on this forum I don't annoy. And God help the
ones I do.

And this is why we are crazy about you!

EPutnam1863 12-07-2017 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fw102807 (Post 1486497)
I do not accept friend requests on FB from anyone except very close friends and family that I want to keep in touch with.

I accept only relatives and relatives-in-law for my FB.