Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Political talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/)
-   -   The Public (2018). (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/public-2018-a-250619/)

Taltarzac725 12-08-2017 08:19 AM

The Public (2018).

Trailer released for Emilio Estevez's movie shot at Cincinnati Public Library

Looks like my kind of movie. I dare not put it in the REGULAR Forum. This could get too political fast.

Taltarzac725 12-08-2017 07:15 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest

Looks like my kind of movie. I dare not put it in the REGULAR Forum. This could get too political fast.

I wonder if it will have any 224 613 numbers?

That would be cool.

AJ32162 12-08-2017 07:20 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest

That would be cool.

I hope that it has the letters "A" and "J" somewhere in the movie, that way I'll know it's all about me.:clap2:

Taltarzac725 12-08-2017 10:53 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest

That would be cool.

So very very cool.

Allegiance 12-08-2017 11:41 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1487074)
So very very cool.

Very very very

rubicon 12-09-2017 06:09 AM

Bringing attention to the plight of the homeless and those afflicted with mental illness is a worthy undertaking because these two groups of people are the most ignored segment in this nation. However the problem with Hollywood people's " good intentions" is that its for commercial purposes only. They capture the drama of it all but not the reality, not logical solutions, not the pain and suffering these individuals and their families suffer.

And so people will see this movie, feel good and then the next day...

Believe I am wrong just go back to the previous posts and no one spoke to the movie's topic, the movie's content, meaning etc.

Personal Best Regards:

Taltarzac725 12-09-2017 07:49 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
Bringing attention to the plight of the homeless and those afflicted with mental illness is a worthy undertaking because these two groups of people are the most ignored segment in this nation. However the problem with Hollywood people's " good intentions" is that its for commercial purposes only. They capture the drama of it all but not the reality, not logical solutions, not the pain and suffering these individuals and their families suffer.

Believe I am wrong just go back to the previous posts and no one spoke to the movie's topic, the movie's content, meaning etc.

Personal Best Regards:

There seem to have been homeless around some of the libraries I worked or volunteered at. Minneapolis Public Library's Central Branch often had them sleeping on the benches inside.

I followed this "homeless" teacher for years on Facebook and interacted with him once in a while. The Homeless Teacher News and Media | The Homeless Teacher
Homeless and Hungry - Home | Facebook

Bog99 12-09-2017 08:02 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest

Personal Best Regards:

Yes -- The ******** who made this movie live in gated communities and are stupidly clueless how their cherished Type 2 laws RAISE the price of housing, creating homelessness: zoning, civil rights, building codes, unions, environmental feel-goodery.

Bog99 12-09-2017 08:07 AM

Taltarzac725 01-02-2018 12:55 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest

This might be a fun movie.

AJ32162 01-02-2018 01:20 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
This might be a fun movie.

So, you think a movie about the homeless freezing to death might be "a fun movie"? An interesting perspective to say the least.