Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Towns Around The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/towns-around-villages-250638/)

Roll With It 12-08-2017 02:37 PM

Towns Around The Villages

I am looking forward to relocating to the Villages within a year or so. Prior to permanently moving, I would be interested in renting a small apartment in the general area of The Villages. Not being familiar with the area, I am not sure where to begin looking. What towns or communities would you suggest that I begin my search in. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Dan9871 12-08-2017 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roll With It (Post 1486924)
Prior to permanently moving, I would be interested in renting a small apartment in the general area of The Villages..

You might be better off calling the number on thevillages.com web site (352 753-6655) and set up a lifestyle visit. That way you will stay in a house in The Villages with access to all it's facilities

It is very hard to see what The Villages is like if you are staying outside of The Villages. If you stay at a place outside The Villages you won't have access to most of the things that make it such a great place to retire to.

champion6 12-08-2017 03:24 PM

Dan9871 has some good advice. You might also rent a villa or house from Villager.

If you really want to stay in a nearby apartment, go to Google Maps Google Maps Search for apartments near 32162

dewilson58 12-08-2017 03:25 PM

Life Style stays are short-term.

You might look at rentals within The Villages.

VH4R Home Rentals in The Villages

https://www.****.com

The "****" is V B R O

John_W 12-08-2017 04:31 PM

The closest you can get to TV and not actually be in TV, is Lakeside Landing in Oxford, FL. It's about 1 mile from LSL (Lake Sumter Landing Square). They have their own pool and are very close to Lake Miona State Park. You won't be able to use The Villages facilities such as playing golf or use the Rec Centers, but you can shop at the squares, eat at the squares, go to the movies and pay a $1 more, etc.

Lakeside Landing has a whole section of garage villas and usually they have a couple for rent. Here's one on Zillow for $1250 a month, which is cheaper this time of year than in TV. The development is on Rt 472, which is also Rainey Trail, the road that will take you right into TV next to Arnold Palmer Country Club.

Rental Listings in Oxford FL - 2 Rentals | Zillow

https://photos.zillowstatic.com/p_h/...0000000000.jpg

Lake Miona Park | Sumter County, FL - Official Website

Allegiance 12-08-2017 04:36 PM

Lots of modest homes available with full amenities and well worth it.

Roll With It 12-08-2017 05:00 PM

Thank you so much for your help!

Gpsma 12-08-2017 06:22 PM

You can try Wildwood for an inexpensive rental.

Fraugoofy 12-08-2017 06:54 PM

Quote:

I am looking forward to relocating to the Villages within a year or so. Prior to permanently moving, I would be interested in renting a small apartment in the general area of The Villages. Not being familiar with the area, I am not sure where to begin looking. What towns or communities would you suggest that I begin my search in. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I think there is an RV park on rolling acres road called Recreation Plantation. Not sure if you own an RV, but the place is close to The Villages...

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

spring_chicken 12-08-2017 07:00 PM

Lakeside Landing is definitely not the only place you should look. There are also more zip codes than 32162.
There are apartments on 466 near Rolling acres rd, also.
I would skip Wildwood. The apartments there are sketchy at best.

graciegirl 12-08-2017 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spring_chicken (Post 1487005)
Lakeside Landing is definitely not the only place you should look. There are also more zip codes than 32162.
There are apartments on 466 near Rolling acres rd, also.
I would skip Wildwood. The apartments there are sketchy at best.

I agree. The OP should visit here first and then decide whether he likes it.

EPutnam1863 12-09-2017 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1487012)
I agree. The OP should visit here first and then decide whether he likes it.

Visiting is not enough. I recommend renting something for the entire year to see if you can put up with the 2-season lifestyle. The novelty may or may not wear off after a while.

Kazmi 12-10-2017 07:41 AM

Find a long term rental inside of TV. Otherwise you will not get the true feeling of everything that TV has to offer. You should not have a problem finding a place inside TV for a 6 month to one year rental (some furnished, some bring your own furnishings).

circletrack 12-10-2017 08:42 AM

Quote:

The Quarters and Oakleaf Villages apartment complexes are in Lady Lake, minutes from Spanish Springs. And PepperTree in Wildwood is minutes from Brownwood. All three complexes are large, well kept and landscaped. Some others in the area are nice, like the once just to the west of Rolling Acres, but qualify as low income housing. So that might not be available to you.

As others have said, you might find a good deal on a rental within TV itself. Maybe even consider renting a manufactured home on the original side of TV.

dirtbanker 12-10-2017 11:07 AM

I will second the suggestion of renting a home in The Villages.

I will add the suggestion of renting a home that is in your price market. You will end up with a better idea of your future level of comfort.

I would not suggest renting a trailer home in the Historic District unless that is your price market.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk