Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   This is for procrastinators who put off Christmas shopping.... (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/procrastinators-who-put-off-christmas-shopping-250681/)

jnieman 12-09-2017 02:45 PM

This is for procrastinators who put off Christmas shopping....

Hi:

I was doing my Christmas shopping today on Amazon and Walmart.com and was surprised to see that many things are only arriving 2 days before Christmas already. Some even after Christmas. So if you have been putting off doing your holiday shopping now is the time not next week. Last year I tried to do some shopping the last week of Christmas and was out of luck on several things I tried to buy.

Happy Holidays to all!

Rapscallion St Croix 12-09-2017 02:48 PM

Putting off Christmas shopping, to me, means putting it off onto the wife. She would just make me return my choices anyway.

jnieman 12-09-2017 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix (Post 1487391)
Putting off Christmas shopping, to me, means putting it off onto the wife. She would just make me return my choices anyway.

Yes well I am the wife and this happens to me every year.

Kenswing 12-09-2017 02:57 PM

I guess it depends on where you're at and what you're ordering. I ordered some stuff yesterday from Amazon and it arrived today.

jnieman 12-09-2017 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenswing (Post 1487398)
I guess it depends on where you're at and what you're ordering. I ordered some stuff yesterday from Amazon and it arrived today.

I ordered 8 things today and 4 are arriving on the 21st - 23rd.

Schaumburger 12-09-2017 03:10 PM

UPS orders mandatory overtime

UPS started mandatory overtime for drivers on Dec. 1, which is expected to last throughout the holiday season. UPS is expecting to deliver 5% more packages this December over last year's holiday season.

So UPS drivers are working 70 hours per week during the holiday now instead of the usual 60.

I am a big online shopping fan. I haven't shopped for Christmas gifts at my local large mall (Woodfield Mall) in probably 10 years.

jnieman 12-09-2017 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schaumburger (Post 1487408)
UPS started mandatory overtime for drivers on Dec. 1, which is expected to last throughout the holiday season. UPS is expecting to deliver 5% more packages this December over last year's holiday season.

So UPS drivers are working 70 hours per week during the holiday now instead of the usual 60.

I am a big online shopping fan. I haven't shopped for Christmas gifts at my local large mall (Woodfield Mall) in probably 10 years.

I have found that if Amazon doesn't have it in stock then it comes directly shipped to me from the supplier. That is when the longer shipping times come into play at least in my experience.

asianthree 12-09-2017 03:41 PM

Just got an update from Amazon prime that up to a certain date it will be the norm two day ship the week before Christmas will be a one-day ship and if you are within an area of a hub two days before Christmas will be a two hour delivery.

Polar Bear 12-09-2017 04:46 PM

Amazon Prime is a big plus.

jnieman 12-09-2017 06:09 PM

I looked at my items again and the ones that are taking the longest are not stocked by Amazon.

ditka41 12-09-2017 09:17 PM

Have very good experiences with Amazon Prime but I'm not finished. Some days I'm simply too busy to procrastinate.