Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Talk of the Television (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-television-338/)
-   -   Aldi Commercial (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-television-338/aldi-commercial-250898/)

Rapscallion St Croix 12-13-2017 06:13 PM

Aldi Commercial

Dear Aldi, your latest commercial brought too many screaming kids into my home. That is the closest I have ever come to shooting my TV since I blew away my old rabbit-eared Admiral over a Hew Haw episode. I am not sure a flat screen shooting would be as exciting as watching a CRT implode anyway.

Since ads are meant to entice me to shop with you, and since you unenticed the hell out of me, I will be shopping elsewhere until that ad disappears never to be seen again.

ALDI TV Commercial, 'I Like ALDI: White Wine' - iSpot.tv

kcrazorbackfan 12-13-2017 07:12 PM

I have a picture of my sons house, with the stairs and all, when I see this commercial, ONLY WITH 3 KIDS!! :a040::a040::a040:

mtdjed 12-13-2017 07:28 PM

I had not see this ad before watching your link. What are they thinking?

billethkid 12-13-2017 07:38 PM

The dumbest commercial I have ever seen.
They accomplished their mission. It was impressive. Like a mass casualty news report.

Regor 12-13-2017 07:43 PM

Loved it!

Taltarzac725 12-13-2017 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix (Post 1489672)
Dear Aldi, your latest commercial brought too many screaming kids into my home. That is the closest I have ever come to shooting my TV since I blew away my old rabbit-eared Admiral over a Hew Haw episode. I am not sure a flat screen shooting would be as exciting as watching a CRT implode anyway.

Since ads are meant to entice me to shop with you, and since you unenticed the hell out of me, I will be shopping elsewhere until that ad disappears never to be seen again.

What did you use on it??? I know a woman who shot her vacuum cleaner thinking it was an intruder. It moved; so she shot it.

It would take me a few minutes to get to any firearms, load them, etc., and by then the noisy kids are gone.

beachbaby 12-14-2017 12:32 AM

ALDI????? Really???? Can’t believe they’re building a new one on 466A. Bring on the mystery meat and unidentifiable food. No thanks!!

kathy and al 12-14-2017 08:06 AM

To OP-couldn't agree with you more. Every time this ad comes on I hit the "mute" button. Could not be more offensive. Absolutely the worse ad I've ever seen (or heard)!!!

pookieroo 12-14-2017 09:09 AM

I loved it too.

collie1228 12-14-2017 09:20 AM

I agree completely - what were they thinking? The only commercial I hate more is the "You named it Brad" commercial from Liberty Mutual. I'll never be a customer just because of that annoying commercial, which has been aired for several years now, with no relief in sight. I feel that Liberty Mutual has some kind of vendetta against us all.

DeanFL 12-14-2017 10:20 AM

hmmmm. What's a commercial? That's why I DVR shows to skip thru them, or a quick switch channel when they come on watching live.
Haven't intentionally sat thru a commercial since the Super Bowl.

This Aldi ad - misses the mark for me too. They could have promoted their brand better than watching a Mom driven to drink...

Henryk 12-14-2017 11:05 AM

Quote:

I hadn't seen that. "Who's ready for bed?" LMAO

Boomer 12-14-2017 11:46 AM

Quote:

Ohhhhh, nooooooo! Rapscallion St. Croix, where oh where have you gone? Where has your rapscallion-ness gone? Or could it be that you have a brother whose name is Curmudgeon St. Croix and he has taken over your computer? I am soooo worried.

I think that commercial is clever and funny and shows some real advertising talent for hitting a target market.

That ad is for suburban McMansion Moms.

The mom looks nice; the house is lovely and well-kept; the kids all have warm pajamas; and the Christmas decorations are perfect.

And that is how all those suburban McMansion Moms want to see themselves — and to have others see them.

In TV, we do not get to see those moms, pushing those two-thousand-dollar double strollers through high-end malls. Sometimes they look at us and seem to be blinking Morse Code for Help Meeeeee!!!

A lot of McMansion Moms do like a little Chardonnay. But a lot of them do not shop at Aldi. (gasp) That commercial gives them a good reason to go to Aldi. And when they see their friends there, they can invoke that commercial and laugh.

That is the best commercial I have seen in a long time. Aldi already has a nice share of the older market, but hey, time marches on.

graciegirl 12-14-2017 11:52 AM

Quote:

I found it stressful too. Doesn't anyone beat their children anymore? It's good to know you can get white wine cheaper at Aldi's. We probably don't need that place that sells two buck chuck.

Bonny 12-14-2017 01:05 PM

Can't stand screaming or yelling!!!