Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Cart Accident on Morse (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/cart-accident-morse-250935/)

Sandtrap328 12-14-2017 05:12 PM

Cart Accident on Morse

I was reading the on line news about the accident yesterday at Morse and San Marino. Just the cart was involved - no cars.

The cart was south bound on Morse, turned right on San Marino, hit the curb and overturned. Driver taken to Ocala hospital.

Very careless driving and obviously very fast and sharp turn to turn the cart over. Don't blame Morse Blvd for this one but the cart driver is solely at fault.

Yes, it is a sad thing - careless, but still sad. Best wishes for his recovery.

ajbrown 12-14-2017 05:24 PM

As I type this I ask myself why. I am sure grief will follow.

Do you conclusion jump like this on all topics?

Could the person have had a medical event?
Could the cart have had a failure?
Could the driver have hit a rock?

I have no idea what happened, but there is nothing in the article on that forbidden site that tells us.

I will go back to lurking...

DonH57 12-14-2017 06:01 PM

None of their " reporting, " ever gives a complete story.

Chatbrat 12-14-2017 06:05 PM

At least they mention an accident

John_W 12-14-2017 06:11 PM

Yesterday about noon I was coming up from Hillsborough and northbound on Morse headed to Colony. At the fire station I went east on Moyer and a Yamaha gas cart pulled out from the putting green in front of me. I turned left by the new Walmart intending to cross 466A at the light. The golf cart also turned left, he's only going 15 mph the whole time and I'm thinking he's going into Walmart, no, he keeps straight ahead, he's going to turn left at the Vet's and take the tunnel, no, he pulls right up to the light at 466A. The light was red, so I got out of my car and walked up to him and said, unless your cart is street legal, you're not allowed on 466A, you need to go down to the tunnel. He looked a little bit lost and was probably about 80 years old. He said, I didn't know that, I guess I'll turn around, which he did.

NotGolfer 12-14-2017 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_W (Post 1490180)
Yesterday about noon I was coming up from Hillsborough and northbound on Morse headed to Colony. At the fire station I went east on Moyer and a Yamaha gas cart pulled out from the putting green in front of me. I turned left by the new Walmart intending to cross 466A at the light. The golf cart also turned left, he's only going 15 mph the whole time and I'm thinking he's going into Walmart, no, he keeps straight ahead, he's going to turn left at the Vet's and take the tunnel, no, he pulls right up to the light at 466A. The light was red, so I got out of my car and walked up to him and said, unless your cart is street legal, you're not allowed on 466A, you need to go down to the tunnel. He looked a little bit lost and was probably about 80 years old. He said, I didn't know that, I guess I'll turn around, which he did.

My guess might be either he's new here OR has a bit of dementia (confused?)

As for the "article" and the accident (which is very sad and I hope he recovers), is that there are so many folks who change the speed on their carts. THEN come on here and argue about it. The cause could have come from many things but rolling on a turn does sound a bit like speed was involved, along with hitting the curb.

christieann 12-26-2017 01:22 PM

There was just another accident on Morse Boulevard today. A fatal one. I am outraged that other drivers would not even let the next lane merge into the one they were in as per the police barricade. people died in this accident And they're more concerned about letting people in front of them. It's a disgrace! I started way back putting my blinker on, waiting patiently trying to get in and had to continue moving because no one would let any of us in until we almost reached the police barricade. They deliberately blocked us out. People are that selfish and rude that they will not let someone in. It's all about them. Even while the police officers are out there on the road in the middle of traffic trying to direct and analyze the scene. It did not appear that anyone was is in the cars at the time. However, if there had been dead people in those cars it would have even been more disgraceful of the drivers to behave that way while that was going on. I'm half the age of the woman that gave me grief because I needed to move over. She acted like a complete child. It was all about her. Those people should be ashamed of themselves. It had nothing to do with any of us it had to do with those people that were dead because of an accident. And people are ready to create more accidents and issues. There's something seriously wrong with those people. If you can't control your impatience and have some consideration you shouldn't be on the road. Instead people like that risk other people's lives. Absolutely shameful.

jnieman 12-26-2017 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christieann (Post 1495381)
There was just another accident on Morse Boulevard today. A fatal one. I am outraged that other drivers would not even let the next lane merge into the one they were in as per the police barricade. people died in this accident And they're more concerned about letting people in front of them. It's a disgrace! I started way back putting my blinker on, waiting patiently trying to get in and had to continue moving because no one would let any of us in until we almost reached the police barricade. They deliberately blocked us out. People are that selfish and rude that they will not let someone in. It's all about them. Even while the police officers are out there on the road in the middle of traffic trying to direct and analyze the scene. It did not appear that anyone was is in the cars at the time. However, if there had been dead people in those cars it would have even been more disgraceful of the drivers to behave that way while that was going on. I'm half the age of the woman that gave me grief because I needed to move over. She acted like a complete child. It was all about her. Those people should be ashamed of themselves. It had nothing to do with any of us it had to do with those people that were dead because of an accident. And people are ready to create more accidents and issues. There's something seriously wrong with those people. If you can't control your impatience and have some consideration you shouldn't be on the road. Instead people like that risk other people's lives. Absolutely shameful.

Yes what is wrong with people? I believe if everyone let just one car merge in front of them then it would take care of it. People are in such a hurry this time of the year. So sorry for the family of those people in this accident.

spring_chicken 12-26-2017 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajbrown (Post 1490148)
As I type this I ask myself why. I am sure grief will follow.

Do you conclusion jump like this on all topics?

Could the person have had a medical event?
Could the cart have had a failure?
Could the driver have hit a rock?

I have no idea what happened, but there is nothing in the article on that forbidden site that tells us.

I will go back to lurking...

Thank you. I am appalled at the gossip mongering and downright defamation that goes on at this site. As the OP posted this, the cart driver was not expected to live, but some people would rather gossip about it than wait for the facts.
Cue the "they were texting or drunk" crowd.
Disgusting.

Bogie Shooter 12-26-2017 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christieann (Post 1495381)

You never encountered this stupid merging before?

Chellybean 12-26-2017 03:33 PM

its called the Village entitlement!
nothing new

villagetinker 12-26-2017 04:57 PM

We went through this area, around 11:50, there was a considerable backup in the North bound lanes on Morse. ALL of the drivers were very courteous, and when I got to the traffic circle just south of the accident, the driver in the circle waved me on, and when we had to turn right (I was in the left lane), the driver in the right left me space. While I am sure there are some very inconsiderate drivers out there (I have encountered a few), this morning, all the ones I encountered were very considerate.
So sorry for the relatives of the victims.

Bogie Shooter 12-26-2017 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chellybean (Post 1495425)
its called the Village entitlement!
nothing new

What is?

jpvillager 12-27-2017 09:46 AM

Accident: He was turning right and probably hit the curb on his right while doing it. It does not take much to overturn a golf cart. A lesson for all of us.

EdFNJ 12-27-2017 09:59 AM

When you live in an area with tens of thousands of "older people" (of which I am one or I couldn't live here) many of whom shouldn't be allowed to get behind the wheel of a car the only way to survive is drive extremely defensively. If you actually look at some of the drivers as they drive down the road you can tell by the way they are sitting, holding the steering wheel and/or staring straight ahead looking almost petrified and totally impervious of anything but what is within 5 feet in front of them that the only means of survival on the roads is extreme defensive driving. You can't even assume that if a left turn signal is on they will be making a left turn. Never assume anything with regards to other drivers and it will increase your life span. Even golf cart drivers. Some have courageously given up their automobile drivers license (or had it taken away by their children) yet get behind the wheel of a GC and are almost as dangerous.