Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Contractors and Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/)
-   -   Solar tube companies (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/solar-tube-companies-251197/)

Beachaddict 12-19-2017 09:23 PM

Solar tube companies

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lpierleo (Post 641866)
I also agree solar tubes were one of our best after market investments. I also recommend you use this forum for many of your questions, particulary for numerous contractors you may want in the future. Also, ask away on this forum, you will receive great advise. Most of all, enjoy!

Can you recommend a solar tube company? We wanted to add those as well and just moved in last wk

Madelaine Amee 12-20-2017 08:18 AM

We had Solar Guys do ours Solar Lights are Better Skylights | The Solar Guys, about ten years ago. I believe they used to be in the squares on Vendor Nights and that is where we first became interested.

I would highly recommend both this company and the Solar Lights. We also invested in a Solar Star Solar Attic Fan which is excellent. I believe they have a sale through Dec 31.

Their website is loaded with Village testimonials.

jnieman 12-20-2017 08:35 AM

I did see a commercial once for one called I believe a SolaTube. I think Solar Guys sell them. They were unique and very cool and an improvement on the standard solar tube.

Orlando Solatube Vs. Skylight | The Best Natural Light

BoatRatKat 12-20-2017 08:47 AM

We used Solar Guys and were very pleased. They're professional, work quickly and did a great job. Not the cheapest but when you're dealing with someone cutting holes into your roof you want to be sure to do your homework and we did.

rivaridger1 12-20-2017 10:13 AM

Solar Guys is who you want. Between the two houses we have owned here they put in five solar tubes and two attic fans. We have had no problems to date with any of the installations.

TheSolarGuys 12-20-2017 01:16 PM

The Solar Guys

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beachaddict (Post 1492569)
Can you recommend a solar tube company? We wanted to add those as well and just moved in last wk

Thanks for all the great recommendations! We only install the Genuine Solatube brand tubular skylights. They offer the highest performance guarantee while blocking out the heat and U.V. Give us a call and we can walk you through the process in just a couple of minutes including pricing. We still have install dates left this year which is great because you can take advantage of the 30% tax credit almost immediately. 1-866-669-5259

justjim 12-20-2017 04:32 PM

We have used The Solar guys to install solar tubes in two different homes. They are undoubtly the best.

MichaelCynthia 12-20-2017 05:00 PM

I am so glad to see all the positive feedback on the solar guys. We have just bought a house in the villages and today I called them to do am install in our house.

Madelaine Amee 12-20-2017 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelCynthia (Post 1493158)
I am so glad to see all the positive feedback on the solar guys. We have just bought a house in the villages and today I called them to do am install in our house.

You will never believe the difference when they are installed. Great investment. People comment on how light our home is all the time.

Ingenuity 12-21-2017 03:01 PM

Because of all the good reviews of the Solar Guys, we went there today. The are having a special and there will be a 30% tax credit with the night light addition(extremely reasonable). They are coming out tomorrow to install and I cannot wait!

Barefoot 12-21-2017 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoatRatKat (Post 1492837)
We used Solar Guys and were very pleased. They're professional, work quickly and did a great job.

Solar Guys are topnotch! :thumbup: We love our four sun tunnels.

dewilson58 12-21-2017 04:31 PM

Do any of the contractors guaranty the hole will not leak??? and for how long???

Just hate cutting a hole in a perfectly tight roof.

TheSolarGuys 12-21-2017 04:40 PM

The Solar Guys

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1493659)
Do any of the contractors guaranty the hole will not leak??? and for how long???

Absolutely! We give a lifetime installation warranty. We are a licensed building contractor, roofing contractor, and solar contractor. We have over 73,000 installs in Central Florida so you would hear if leaks were a problem especially after the recent Hurricane. Most people don't realize but your "perfectly tight roof" already has many holes/openings (ridge vent, plumbing stacks, chimney, & exhaust vents).

BoatRatKat 12-21-2017 05:03 PM

Quote:

If it helps...we just happened to have a home inspection scheduled for a couple of weeks after we had the tubes installed and they were done right according to the inspector.

dbussone 12-21-2017 05:52 PM

Quote:

I appreciate the fact that Solar Guys guarantee their work. And I like what I’ve seen. My issue is that adding one, or more, voids the roof warranty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro