Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Pool Security (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/pool-security-251257/)

Greg Nelson 12-21-2017 09:10 AM

Pool Security

When I go to water classes I'm USUALLY carded and asked for a picture ID. BUT, there is no safe place for valuables while in the pool. ALSO, hot tubs would be nice

Sandtrap328 12-21-2017 09:30 AM

No real reason to have valuables at the pool. You just need your Villages ID. Leave your wallet at home.

As for hot tub, they really are not sanitary at all. It is a huge Petri dish.

Greg Nelson 12-21-2017 10:24 AM

I need my village ID plus drivers licenses a picture ID . No safe place. Hot tubs way down south I'm told.

jnieman 12-21-2017 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Nelson (Post 1493388)
When I go to water classes I'm USUALLY carded and asked for a picture ID. BUT, there is no safe place for valuables while in the pool. ALSO, hot tubs would be nice

Amazon.com : SAFEGO Portable Indoor/Outdoor Lock Box Safe with Key and Combination Access (White) : Office Products

This would make a great Christmas gift. There are cheaper ones but they don't have 5 stars.

villagetinker 12-21-2017 11:03 AM

Use a zip lock bag and put in the swim suit pocket.

GoodLife 12-21-2017 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Nelson (Post 1493442)
I need my village ID plus drivers licenses a picture ID . No safe place. Hot tubs way down south I'm told.

There is a hot tub at Glenview CC but you need to buy the priority pool pass to use it. You will also be able to use all CC pools in TV

jnieman 12-21-2017 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 1493488)
Use a zip lock bag and put in the swim suit pocket.

I don't know if this would work with a phone might be risky.

Dan9871 12-21-2017 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnieman (Post 1493492)
I don't know if this would work with a phone might be risky.

There are a lot of waterproof cases/pouch for smartphones

Best waterproof pouch cases for smartphones

dewilson58 12-21-2017 01:00 PM

Awesome this is all "we" can complain about.

:loco:

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 12-21-2017 02:05 PM

It's not something that I usually worry about. I can easily see my stuff from the water.

But it it's a problem, take VilageTinker's solution. Leave everything in your car and put your car key and ID in a ziplock bag or other waterproof container.

tophcfa 12-21-2017 09:15 PM

I put my valuables in a backpack and leave it by the edge of the pool while I swim laps. Someone would have to be very aggressive to go into the pool area and steal my backback from the edge of the pool. And if I caught them, they would also be very sorry.

coffeebean 12-22-2017 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Nelson (Post 1493442)

Who told you that you need a driver's license as photo ID? Your Villages ID has your photo on it. That is all that is necessary. I never bring my wallet or driver's license to the pools or the fitness centers. My villages ID card is all that is necessary for any activities here in The Villages.

Topspinmo 12-22-2017 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeebean (Post 1493891)
Who told you that you need a driver's license as photo ID? Your Villages ID has your photo on it. That is all that is necessary. I never bring my wallet or driver's license to the pools or the fitness centers. My villages ID card is all that is necessary for any activities here in The Villages.

He probably drives his car to pools. Let's you have to have your village I'd to get in, so,,,,,, means only villagers in the confines of the pool. So, why would there be thieves around????

rjn5656 12-22-2017 08:00 AM

HOt tub

Get one for home. Easy to maintain. We use ours every day all year long.

Greg Nelson 12-22-2017 08:02 AM

I'm a resident snow bird. My ID has no picture. Don't get me wrong we enjoy being here with all the activities. IMHO there's nothing that beats TV, if only the Morse family would have put it further south. But TV like all else isn't perfect. Hot tubs aren't much worse than the pools. Some days we get carded, others not.