Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   "Thank You, Village of Hadley Residents! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/thank-you-village-hadley-residents-251354/)

MrPelota 12-23-2017 09:47 PM

"Thank You, Village of Hadley Residents!

I just wanted to give a special shoutout to the villagers in Hadley who decorated their homes (complete with synchronized music) for Christmas.
I know this was a traffic hassle for many in that Village, so I just wanted to say THANKS for a job well done and for helping Villagers add to their Christmas celebration.

Merry Christmas!:BigApplause:

goldseekur 12-24-2017 08:53 AM

Thank You

Absolutely the best light show every year. They must put in hours and hours of time into creating and putting up the decorations.
AMAZING! And I also say THANK YOU!

Taltarzac725 12-24-2017 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldseekur (Post 1494690)
Absolutely the best light show every year. They must put in hours and hours of time into creating and putting up the decorations.
AMAZING! And I also say THANK YOU!

Love those light displays down there and so much creativity too on show.

Chi-Town 12-24-2017 09:52 AM

Video sampler. A must see in person.

2017 Christmas Lights Display on Dunkirk Trail - YouTube

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

EdFNJ 12-24-2017 12:49 PM

"Thank You, Village of Hadley Residents!

Live nearby so have Been there a few times and it is fabulous but TV really needs to provide some sort of traffic control person. O'Dell was backed up all the way through the Morse circle and down Morse 2 nights ago at 7:30pm and there have been multiple accidents (usually when people try to make left turn into it) with 2 I have seen requiring ambulances.

Some nights O'Dell gridlock in both directions. Best time to go is 5:50pm. At 6 it's worse than times Square on New Years eve! Last night at 5:50 it was empty. Also good to park a few blocks away and walk through.

The residents there are great as well. One night they were giving out cookies to the cars driving through. They are also looking for donations to the food bank if I remember so bring canned goods.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jgm3279 12-24-2017 09:09 PM

When is the last night for this....anyone know?

joldnol 12-25-2017 01:54 PM

They do a great job except for the music selection. Good work!

rjn5656 12-26-2017 09:16 AM

Great job. Thank you.

Villagevip 12-26-2017 12:59 PM

But, but what about Hillside Lane, Glenbrook...The whole street (both sides) lined with the same lighted, small Christmas trees......

EdFNJ 12-27-2017 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villagevip (Post 1495368)
But, but what about Hillside Lane, Glenbrook...The whole street (both sides) lined with the same lighted, small Christmas trees......

Saw it and it was very nice but there's nothing like Dunkirk anywhere in TV (including the horrendous and dangerous traffic jams and accidents it creates on O'Dell which on many nights around 7:30PM gets backed up all the way down to and around the Morse circle almost to Colony).
:)