Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Golf in The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/)
-   -   And tomorrow, Christmas Day, the carnage begins.... (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/tomorrow-christmas-day-carnage-begins-251385/)

kcrazorbackfan 12-24-2017 08:56 PM

And tomorrow, Christmas Day, the carnage begins....

....the carnage of the courses, that is. AKA "free golf". :cus::cus: And they were in really good shape after Irma...........

vintageogauge 12-24-2017 09:36 PM

Entitled?

spring_chicken 12-25-2017 08:41 AM

Oh, lighten up. It's a nice thing for The Villages to do and even nicer of the kind souls who volunteer to work the starter shack.
How about a gripe free Christmas day?

ajbrown 12-25-2017 08:57 AM

Miss my Dad at Christmas

Since I came here in 2007 I played golf with my Dad on Christmas morning. Others would want a brunch or breakfast, but I would be the PITA and say no way.

We would golf the executive courses as they were wide open. One of my most amazing days with regard to golf happened on a Christmas Day, birdies and even a hole in one with my Dad there.

I sooooo wish I could do that his AM... and I do not mean the birdies...

The courses will survive today's onslaught

Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays depending on how you 'part your hair'

Fraugoofy 12-25-2017 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajbrown (Post 1494986)
Since I came here in 2007 I played golf with my Dad on Christmas morning. Others would want a brunch or breakfast, but I would be the PITA and say no way.

We would golf the executive courses as they were wide open. One of my most amazing days with regard to golf happened on a Christmas Day, birdies and even a hole in one with my Dad there.

I sooooo wish I could do that his AM... and I do not mean the birdies...

The courses will survive today's onslaught

Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays depending on how you 'part your hair'

What a beautiful Christmas memory. So happy you were able to have that time with your dad...

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Polar Bear 12-25-2017 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spring_chicken (Post 1494979)
Oh, lighten up. It's a nice thing for The Villages to do and even nicer of the kind souls who volunteer to work the starter shack.

Couldn't have said it better.

Merry Christmas. :)

SouthOfTheBorder 12-25-2017 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spring_chicken (Post 1494979)

:BigApplause:

Merry Christmas

Don