Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Political talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/)
-   -   Political forum closure? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/political-forum-closure-251970/)

billethkid 01-05-2018 08:39 AM

Political forum closure?

The announcement states the very low percentage of users that participate.
Is that out of the total TOTV?
If yes what is the percent of the active users, which is the more appropriate measure?
Also there should be a consideration for the participation rate.
There is no doubt the members of the political forum is a minority participation.
However, I would venture a guess the participation/post rate is higher than the majority.
And if the other not so much used forums can remain open with next to zero participation, why cannot the political forum as well.
As Paul Harvey used to say..."...now for the rest of the story..."....
Let us hope that the super, SUPER minority of complainers have not won their way with the administrators/owners.....AGAIN!!!

Taltarzac725 01-05-2018 08:48 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
If yes what is the percent of the active users, which is the more appropriate measure?
There is no doubt the members of the political forum is a minority participation.
However, I would venture a guess the participation/post rate is higher than the majority.
And if the other not so much used forums can remain open with next to zero participation, why cannot the political forum as well.
Let us hope that the super, SUPER minority of complainers have not won their way with the administrators/owners.....AGAIN!!!

I would like to just see a volunteer MODERATOR on here. So that if someone is figuratively kicking someone in the lower parts that this gets stopped. The political forums I looked at yesterday have a lot of moderation and tolerate little if no trolling.

Don Baldwin 01-05-2018 08:53 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest

They usually do...they scream and whine until they finally submit. Like women do with their husbands.

Don Baldwin 01-05-2018 08:56 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
I would like to just see a volunteer MODERATOR on here. So that if someone is figuratively kicking someone in the lower parts that this gets stopped. The political forums I looked at yesterday have a lot of moderation and tolerate little if no trolling.

You mean "no truth"...you mean it's censored. If it's NOT politically correct, it get's deleted.

Is it made to be "woman and kid friendly"?

Taltarzac725 01-05-2018 10:07 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
You mean "no truth"...you mean it's censored. If it's NOT politically correct, it get's deleted.

Is it made to be "woman and kid friendly"?

Go back to some KKK inspired Forum.

Allegiance 01-05-2018 10:37 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1500504)
Go back to some KKK inspired Forum.

I think Taltarzac725 should be the moderator! Look at his great project here.
. All 20 pages

http://s89.photobucket.com/user/talt...?sort=3&page=1

Taltarzac725 01-05-2018 10:42 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
I think Taltarzac725 should be the moderator! Look at his great project here.
. All 20 pages

http://s89.photobucket.com/user/talt...?sort=3&page=1

You are illegally posting private information without my permission .

Kenswing 01-05-2018 11:53 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
You are illegally posting private information without my permission .

If it can viewed without a password it obviously isn't private. It is easily made private though if you so choose to make it that way.

Abby10 01-05-2018 12:04 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest

You make a good point. A quick check of the reply counts on the threads here vs the regular forum shows a good deal of activity, even discounting the extremely high ones. Compare that to almost any other forum on TOTV and I think political appears more active overall. Of course this is just a cursory check, but it appears to validate your thoughts.

Chi-Town 01-05-2018 12:17 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1500615)
You make a good point. A quick check of the reply counts on the threads here vs the regular forum shows a good deal of activity, even discounting the extremely high ones. Compare that to almost any other forum on TOTV and I think political appears more active overall. Of course this is just a cursory check, but it appears to validate your thoughts.

Take away Bug, Tal, Al, and Donny B.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Don Baldwin 01-05-2018 08:37 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest

You girls...make it go away! Make it go away!

Allegiance 01-05-2018 09:29 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1500627)

Recording. For Tal

Fraugoofy 01-05-2018 10:14 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 1500430)

I will volunteer...

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk