Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   MVP Athletic Club (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/mvp-athletic-club-252560/)

Maiyasnana 01-10-2018 04:35 PM

MVP Athletic Club

Our children will be visiting in Feb and our son in law is a body builder. Can he use the MVP facility with his guest pass?
Thanks for any info. Tried calling MVP, only recordings and full mailboxes.

GoodLife 01-10-2018 05:05 PM

Nope, MVP is a privately owned club, not part of TV amenities.

John_W 01-10-2018 06:39 PM

Membership I think the shortest is 3 months for about $150 at MVP, and I'm sure if they offer that other than in the summer. They did offer $10 daily membership, best thing would be to call. The place is so packed now since 1800 new people have qualified through United Health, I think over 300 have joined just since the first of the year of top of the current membership.

The rec centers have small gyms that residents use and it costs about $350 a year, he might be able to go with a fee and get in there, try Colony or Seabreeze. Those however are small and may be just as crowded. There is a new gym that opened about a year ago on 441 across from Oakwood BBQ in Lady Lake called To Your Health Fitness. They probably are not as crowded since they cater to a more younger crowd and would be more open to visitors.

Too Your Health Spa V - Home | Facebook

Dan9871 01-10-2018 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_W (Post 1503335)
I think over 300 have joined just since the first of the year of top of the current membership.

250 joined the first day they were open this year. I heard today that the membership has already increased by over 500. Also the scheduled appointments to meet with a MVP associate so they can join are full every day out the the 20th of Jan, plus they are still getting walk-in's wanting to join.

Their goal was to get 200 new members in Jan... blew past that the first day.

mtdjed 01-10-2018 10:21 PM

Try Planet Fitness Leesburg. Have not gone there since I belong to MVP. However , with the new crowds at MVP you may not be happy at this time of year unless you like offered classes. Wish there was a Planet Fitness closer.

If you are weights and machine oriented , the current crowd at MVP is not justified.

Ooper 01-10-2018 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maiyasnana (Post 1503284)
Our children will be visiting in Feb and our son in law is a body builder. Can he use the MVP facility with his guest pass?

Yes, for a daily guest fee. Must be 16 y/o and if you live within 50 radius, only 4 times a year. Guests accompanied by members are $10, unaccompanied are $20 per day.

pauld315 01-12-2018 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan9871 (Post 1503455)
250 joined the first day they were open this year. I heard today that the membership has already increased by over 500. Also the scheduled appointments to meet with a MVP associate so they can join are full every day out the the 20th of Jan, plus they are still getting walk-in's wanting to join.

Their goal was to get 200 new members in Jan... blew past that the first day.

I was afraid of this when Villages Health started offering free memberships to their patients this year. I do hope MVP is going to use all this extra money to upgrade the Spanish Springs location.

pauld315 01-12-2018 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtdjed (Post 1503472)
Try Planet Fitness Leesburg. Have not gone there since I belong to MVP. However , with the new crowds at MVP you may not be happy at this time of year unless you like offered classes. Wish there was a Planet Fitness closer.

If you are weights and machine oriented , the current crowd at MVP is not justified.

I don't think a serious body builder would want to go to a Planet Fitness. Their model is to be a no intimidation zone, no grunting, no dropping barbells etc etc.

ronsroni 01-16-2018 06:40 PM

if you have a friend who goes, THEY can give him a pass. I used to do it all the time when I was a member.

Ooper 01-16-2018 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronsroni (Post 1506126)
if you have a friend who goes, THEY can give him a pass. I used to do it all the time when I was a member.

I may be wrong, but I am a member and I do not have any passes to give to anybody. My hand is scanned to allow access. I don't think anybody wants to cut off their hand for a friend so he/she can exercise.

Chatbrat 01-17-2018 05:16 AM

I am a charter member and I get 12 free passes , every year and I get free passes with rewards

kgentile1010 01-17-2018 02:06 PM

My sister just visited. I was able to get her a guest pass at MVP for $31.50.

CSilvestrucci 01-22-2018 10:21 AM

Every time you scan your hand you earn a point. After so many points you earn prizes. One of the prizes is a guest pass you print at home.

EdFNJ 01-22-2018 11:41 AM

MVP Athletic Club

Check out the fitness centers in some of the regional rec centers for short term use. I walked into the one at Colony and was totally and pleasantly surprised. You can take in guests and they have daily, weekly and monthly rates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chatbrat 01-22-2018 12:19 PM

You use the fitness facilities @ the red centers @ your own risk;unlike MVP there are NO certified instructors who can make sure you don't injure yourself==you get what you pay for--my wife needs therapy after working out for ONE day @ Seabreeze