Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   How can this be? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/how-can-252787/)

manaboutown 01-12-2018 10:22 PM

How can this be?

According to the unmentionable online news a 16 year old "problem child" is living with his tequila drinking diabetic mom and grandmother in Summerhill and nothing can be done about it although residents are up in arms about it. How can this be?

graciegirl 01-13-2018 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manaboutown (Post 1504441)
According to the unmentionable online news a 16 year old "problem child" is living with his tequila drinking diabetic mom and grandmother in Summerhill and nothing can be done about it although residents are up in arms about it. How can this be?

Up in arms won't change things. Reporting a deed breech of compliance will. The owner of the home who may NOT be the resident will have fines piling up.

Madelaine Amee 01-13-2018 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manaboutown (Post 1504441)

I just saw this ........... I was under the impression that anyone under the age of 19 could not legally reside here.

Taltarzac725 01-13-2018 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee (Post 1504509)
I just saw this ........... I was under the impression that anyone under the age of 19 could not legally reside here.

Is not there a 30 day limitation per year or something like that?

Retiring 01-13-2018 09:44 AM

I agree with Grace, report a violation.

Stubborn or arrogant or just plain mean people will usually see the light when forced to open their wallet. It’s amazing to see the most uncooperative become model citizens when they start writing checks for unnecessary, and completely avoidable, legal fees.

New Englander 01-13-2018 09:45 AM

I read the story in the unmentioned website and it is troubling. It sounds like this young person needs professional help and I hope he gets it before the problem gets worse.

TommyT 01-13-2018 09:54 AM

The Bad Part is !!!

The Villages Attorney said Nothing can be Done.

I did a WTH ?????

I too thought and read this is a violation of the Deed Restrictions.

perrjojo 01-13-2018 10:04 AM

The article says the boy may be autistic.
This would be considered a disability and he would therefore be allowed to live here. It does sound like the neighbors are reporting the problem but powers that be say nothing can be done. This does sound troubling.

dirtbanker 01-13-2018 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perrjojo (Post 1504606)
This would be considered a disability and he would therefore be allowed to live here. It does sound like the neighbors are reporting the problem but powers that be say nothing can be done. This does sound troubling.

Please explain this exception to the rules based on a disability. I attended 2 closings, and at both, I was told NOBODY under the age of 19 can reside in the home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

dirtbanker 01-13-2018 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyT (Post 1504593)
The Villages Attorney said "Nothing can be Done."

I did a WTH ?????

I too thought and read this is a violation of the Deed Restrictions.

Who is the Villages attorney?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

manaboutown 01-14-2018 01:14 PM

Why can nothing be done? The teenage boy is a juvenile delinquent, a trespasser and a peeping tom among other things. Why is the Sheriff unable to arrest him?

Too, why is CDD 3 unable to enforce its deed restriction concerning no occupant under 19 in this situation?

CFrance 01-14-2018 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manaboutown (Post 1505194)
Why can nothing be done? The teenage boy is a juvenile delinquent, a trespasser and a peeping tom among other things. Why is the Sheriff unable to arrest him?

Too, why is CDD 3 unable to enforce its deed restriction concerning no occupant under 19 in this situation?

If he's been diagnosed as disabled, he becomes an exception to the rule.

What he's doing in the neighborhood becomes a matter for the police, like they said.

pauld315 01-14-2018 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perrjojo (Post 1504606)

Why would he be allowed to live here ? There is nothing in the deed restrictions that grants this exemption

pauld315 01-14-2018 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 1505239)
If he's been diagnosed as disabled, he becomes an exception to the rule.

What he's doing in the neighborhood becomes a matter for the police, like they said.

Show me where in the deed restrictions it states that an exception is even available for this particular case. I think that is a myth.

Retiring 01-14-2018 03:58 PM

The ADA is very powerful. Top that off with this period of extreme political correctness and you would be very hard pressed to find an attorney that would go up against a person with a diagnosed disability. If in fact this person has been diagnosed “disabled,” my deepest sympathies go out to all his neighbors because it will be very difficult, and costly, to stop behavior his lawyers would argue can’t be helped due to the nature of his disability. The police can put a temporary stop to criminal behavior but don’t expect a permanent change till parents, or guardians, intervene.

There are so many truly disabled people that have benefited greatly from the ADA but the few that abuse it ruin it for those that don’t. In my work I see abuse of the emotional support animal provision daily. One day things will swing too far the other way, they always do, and people in need will not get the help they deserve.