Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Feminine Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/feminine-forum-111/)
-   -   Permanent Eyebrows (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/feminine-forum-111/permanent-eyebrows-253459/)

Judith Ann 01-19-2018 07:39 PM

Permanent Eyebrows

I know this has been discussed before, but I am wondering
what the current ideas are on this.

For example, has anyone had Kim Forsberg do their eyebrows?

And, has anyone had microbladed eyebrows done by Shari at Cals
in Brownwood?

TNLAKEPANDA 01-19-2018 08:33 PM

I thought all eyebrows were permanent?

Judith Ann 01-19-2018 09:39 PM

One would hope so...however, with age and overplucking, they disappear. Are you a guy? If so, you don't have this problem. Just like men
don't get cellulite, vericose veins(at least not often), hot flashes, etc.

NotGolfer 01-20-2018 10:12 AM

I've been to both. My opinion is Kim does know her stuff and does a great job!!

Judith Ann 01-20-2018 11:53 AM

Thank you!

janewk 01-22-2018 02:53 PM

Another vote for Kim. She is really really good. Besides doing an excellent job with my eyebrows, she now has a very good line of skin care products. The next time she will be in the villages will be early May. To make an appointment, call her at 646-210-8324. Tell her that Jane referred you.

OCsun 03-10-2018 08:35 AM

Has anyone used Permanent Makeup by Cindy? Please PM me if you have. Thanks!

Debfrommaine 03-10-2018 09:09 AM

Good thread, just had a discussion with a friend about this, will keep watching to see other comments.

starflyte1 03-10-2018 09:46 AM

OCsun, I have an appt. on Monday for permanent eyeliner with Cindy. I have met her for a consultation at her office, and am comfortable with my choice. When I booked, she was scheduling months in advance. I made this appt. in November, but I don't know how it is now.

vorage 03-10-2018 10:55 AM

I will be watching, too. Its one of those things I've promised the future me.

OCsun 03-10-2018 11:23 AM

Starflyte1, I have an appointment with Cindy in a few weeks. My initial consultation was back in January and felt comfortable with my decision to move forward. I really want to get my brows done but the time between appointments, is giving me cold feet. I can't wait to hear about your experience. :)

starflyte1 03-10-2018 01:01 PM

OCsun, I don't think that I would have "cold feet" about having my eyebrows done, if needed. I have never heard or read of anyone having any discomfort with eyebrows. And, I think Cindy is a good choice, as she has been doing permanent make up for years.

Now, I wish I could say the same about eyelids, though I know several people that have had eyelids done, and have no complaints. I do not like any discomfort, so we will see Monday.

big guy 03-10-2018 02:02 PM

Be very careful and ask a lot of questions. "How is the pain deadened? DO you do some sort of registration marks to get the eyebrows the same? How do you make them the same color?" I had mine done in Ohio a year or so before we moved. My eyebrows are very different and the colors are different. It cost me $750. I was very upset. She was fired soon afterward but that didn't change my eyebrows.

Debfrommaine 03-10-2018 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big guy (Post 1522386)
Be very careful and ask a lot of questions. "How is the pain deadened? DO you do some sort of registration marks to get the eyebrows the same? How do you make them the same color?" I had mine done in Ohio a year or so before we moved. My eyebrows are very different and the colors are different. It cost me $750. I was very upset. She was fired soon afterward but that didn't change my eyebrows.

Ugh, these are the things I dread.....sorry your experience was not good.

starflyte1 03-15-2018 11:00 AM

eyeliner done

I had permanent eyeliner done four days ago. It will take a few days for the final effect will show.

Cindy deadened the lids with a product that worked well. I did not feel any pain, and really no major discomfort. If I asked, she applied more deadening product, A bit of uncomfortable feeling for a day or two after, but couldn't have been too bad, because I would get it done again tomorrow. And I can't take pain.