Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   TOTV Website and Mobile Suggestion Box (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/totv-website-mobile-suggestion-box-425/)
-   -   last post read button (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/totv-website-mobile-suggestion-box-425/last-post-read-button-254225/)

villagetinker 01-27-2018 08:25 PM

last post read button

Admin, at first I thought I was seeing things, but over the last several days I have tested the last read button, and it appears to not be working. Every time I try it, it sends me to the last posting in the thread, even though the last one I read was in the middle of the thread.
Using FireFox, latest version, W10 machine.
Hope you can help.

TOTV Team 01-30-2018 09:07 PM

We tested and appears to be working correctly. What is a W10 machine a Windows 10 we assume?

villagetinker 01-30-2018 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOTV Team (Post 1510683)
We tested and appears to be working correctly. What is a W10 machine a Windows 10 we assume?

Yes, Windows 10, OK, I will keep an eye on it. What I typically see is if I do not follow a thread for a few days, and there are several new posts, then when I hit the last read post button, it go to the last PAGE, and I can go back 1 or more (post or pages) to posts I have not seen. Not a biggie, just annoying, as I have to check each thread to see if I missed a posting.

bob47 02-02-2018 07:57 PM

Do you perhaps clean up your cookies between sessions? If so, that may get rid of the information needed to find the last read post.

villagetinker 02-02-2018 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob47 (Post 1511647)
Do you perhaps clean up your cookies between sessions? If so, that may get rid of the information needed to find the last read post.

OK, I think you have found the problem, as this appears to be intermittent, my anti-virus software cleans old files, cookies, etc, about every 2 weeks. Thank tyou for getting back to me, VT.

Abby10 02-02-2018 08:11 PM

Ok, call me TOTV illiterate, but where is the last post read button located?

dbussone 02-02-2018 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abby10 (Post 1511652)
Ok, call me TOTV illiterate, but where is the last post read button located?

Where is it!! I didn’t even know there was such a button!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

villagetinker 02-02-2018 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbussone (Post 1511668)
Where is it!! I didn’t even know there was such a button!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

When you go into a thread, at the first message that comes up, you can see it, sorry, it is labeled last post read button in the green area, the mods knew what I was talking about.

Abby10 02-02-2018 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 1511683)
When you go into a thread, at the first message that comes up, you can see it, sorry, it is labeled last post read button in the green area, the mods knew what I was talking about.

Oh, I'm seeing it now, but mine says "view first unread" in the upper left hand side of the first post. I didn't even know there was such a thing until you posted. A very handy item indeed. Thank you!

dbussone 02-03-2018 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 1511683)

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

villagetinker 02-03-2018 09:36 AM

All, as stated above, if you occasionally delete cookies, this button may not work as expected.