Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Florida Has Been Ranked the Worst State In The U.S.: Here's Why (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/florida-has-been-ranked-worst-state-u-s-heres-why-254411/)

ColdNoMore 01-29-2018 05:24 PM

Florida Has Been Ranked the Worst State In The U.S.: Here's Why

This persons opinion on state rankings...ought to generate a lively discussion. :popcorn:

Quote:

Florida is officially the crème de la crappy of all 50 states, ranking dead last on a list of best to worst locations in America.

Thrillist released a definitive ranking of the states in July with a “go big or go home” ranking system based on, literally, "everything."

"Everything" being their contributions to America: important, well-known people, inventions, food and drink, and unique physical beauty and landmarks.

And Florida, apparently, has none of those things.

GoodLife 01-29-2018 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdNoMore (Post 1510285)
This persons opinion on state rankings...ought to generate a lively discussion. :popcorn:

It's a joke, Michigan was rated #1 LOL Guess I'll move to Detroit

Henryk 01-29-2018 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdNoMore (Post 1510285)

Hmm... Seems to me that “article” is one short piece of crap.

ditka41 01-29-2018 05:33 PM

Fantastic! Will that help solve our congestion problems in The Villages ?

fw102807 01-29-2018 05:43 PM

Thrillist (the media company that did the rating) "is a leading men's digital lifestyle brand, providing all that's new, unknown or under-appreciated in food, drink, entertainment, nightlife, gadgets, and gear in the U.S. and the U.K. Find the best spots to eat, drink and shop at some of the hippest stores across America. Explore the newest and best the Nation is hiding." (from their website)

Apparently we are just not "hip" enough. I'm taking this as a compliment.

fw102807 01-29-2018 05:48 PM

Maybe they just didn't hear yet that we are getting a driverless taxi.

ColdNoMore 01-29-2018 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fw102807 (Post 1510294)
Thrillist (the media company that did the rating) "is a leading men's digital lifestyle brand, providing all that's new, unknown or under-appreciated in food, drink, entertainment, nightlife, gadgets, and gear in the U.S. and the U.K. Find the best spots to eat, drink and shop at some of the hippest stores across America. Explore the newest and best the Nation is hiding." (from their website)

Apparently we are just not "hip" enough
. I'm taking this as a compliment.

I'm not so sure about that, as I'm guessing we can compete with any place...in titanium hips per square mile. :D

69Ludwigs 01-29-2018 06:02 PM

The Villages is in Florida, 'nuff said. Bet this jerk lives in a 600 sq ft $2000 mo s***hole apt in NY. Amazing number of idiots in this country.

fw102807 01-29-2018 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdNoMore (Post 1510305)
I'm not so sure about that, as I'm guessing we can compete with any place...in titanium hips per square mile. :D

:1rotfl:

billethkid 01-29-2018 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ditka41 (Post 1510289)
Fantastic! Will that help solve our congestion problems in The Villages ?

There are congestion problems in TV?
:shocked:

manaboutown 01-29-2018 09:39 PM

What sort of drug is this clown on?

Wiotte 01-29-2018 09:44 PM

Not worth an opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

graciegirl 01-30-2018 07:21 AM

It's gonna be another beautiful day in The Villages.

Good morning y'all!

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 01-30-2018 07:38 AM

The purpose of this article is to get people to see the name "Thrillist". I would guess that no one here has ever heard of this company before. A marketing strategy is to say something completely ridiculous, outrageous or controversial so that people will look at it and spread it on the internet.

I've already seen this article posted on FaceBook and another site.

We are being used.

fw102807 01-30-2018 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr (Post 1510445)
The purpose of this article is to get people to see the name "Thrillist". I would guess that no one here has ever heard of this company before. A marketing strategy is to say something completely ridiculous, outrageous or controversial so that people will look at it and spread it on the internet.

I've already seen this article posted on FaceBook and another site.

We are being used.

There is an excellent book on this by David Baldacci called The Whole Truth that shows just how far this strategy can go.