Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Feminine Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/feminine-forum-111/)
-   -   Grandaughter Wedding Shower (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/feminine-forum-111/grandaughter-wedding-shower-254946/)

Madelaine Amee 02-05-2018 06:51 AM

Grandaughter Wedding Shower

Need some input please:

My Granddaughter is having a Wedding Shower and I will not be able to be there in person. I am totally out of the loop these days and I would like some input from other ladies about what is appropriate for a shower gift. It will be a gift card or check. She will be getting a very healthy wedding check, but I have no idea about showers!

fw102807 02-05-2018 07:51 AM

I think it depends a lot on the area of the country. You might want answers from people from that area.

CFrance 02-05-2018 08:02 AM

Since you will be sending her a check for a wedding present, why not consider sending a present for the shower? Wedding showers are all about getting together and opening presents, and the guests get to enjoy the process. Is she registered anywhere? You could get online and order something she wants and have it sent. Just my humble opinion.

On the other hand, if the couple is going the route of asking for contributions toward something (honeymoon, house, etc.), I would think $100 for a granddaughter would suffice, since you are sending a check for the wedding later.

Madelaine Amee 02-05-2018 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fw102807 (Post 1512253)
I think it depends a lot on the area of the country. You might want answers from people from that area.

She lives in a very high income area!!!! Ouch.

Madelaine Amee 02-05-2018 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 1512258)
Since you will be sending her a check for a wedding present, why not consider sending a present for the shower? Wedding showers are all about getting together and opening presents, and the guests get to enjoy the process. Is she registered anywhere? You could get online and order something she wants and have it sent. Just my humble opinion.

On the other hand, if the couple is going the route of asking for contributions toward something (honeymoon, house, etc.), I would think $100 for a granddaughter would suffice, since you are sending a check for the wedding later.

Thanks CF. I was thinking along those lines and wondered whether to do a gift or check. I'll check with the Mother.

vaborn 02-05-2018 08:33 AM

Another alternative to a gift card or check would be to have the mother-of-the-bride purchase something off the bride's registry and take it to the shower on your behalf. Or you could purchase something at Bed, Bath and Beyond and they will mail it directly for you. No matter what you decide, it is the thought that counts.

Madelaine Amee 02-05-2018 09:30 AM

Just found out she is registered on Amazon - what a great idea. Thanks to all who gave me there 2 cents!:icon_wink: