Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Contractors and Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/)
-   -   Lowes, Home Depot & Sears (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/lowes-home-depot-sears-255316/)

BK001 02-08-2018 05:36 PM

Lowes, Home Depot & Sears

Which store do you feel has the best after purchase customer service?

I am buying a refrigerator and a gas range/oven and have found models I like on all 3 websites.

Just curious who you feel provides the best customer service in case we have a problem with either appliance.

Thank you.

PS

I never buy appliance insurance/maintenance but am interested in your opinion on that as well -- the stove will probably be in the $7-800 range and the refrigerator in the $1800 - $2000 range.

Barefoot 02-08-2018 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BK001 (Post 1513498)

I am buying a refrigerator and a gas range/oven and have found models I like on all 3 websites.

Just curious who you feel provides the best customer service in case we have a problem with either appliance.

I never buy appliance insurance/maintenance but am interested in your opinion on that as well -- the stove will probably be in the $7-800 range and the refrigerator in the $1800 - $2000 range.

We considered Sears, Home Depot and Best Buy. Have you considered Best Buy?
We just brought six Samsung appliance from Best Buy and we love them.
The Samsung appliances sing happy little songs to me when they're done with their task.

Rapscallion St Croix 02-08-2018 05:45 PM

Sears wouldn't even be a consideration for me. They are listed at high risk for bankruptcy in 2018.

BK001 02-08-2018 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix (Post 1513503)
Sears wouldn't even be a consideration for me. They are listed at high risk for bankruptcy in 2018.

Thank you. So I will discard Sears but now Best Buy might be a contender as well.

BK001 02-08-2018 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barefoot (Post 1513502)
We considered Sears, Home Depot and Best Buy. Have you considered Best Buy?
We just brought six Samsung appliance from Best Buy and we love them.
The Samsung appliances sing happy little songs to me when they're done with their task.

LOL - Happy little songs? That's got to be the clincher.

Barefoot 02-08-2018 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BK001 (Post 1513516)
LOL - Happy little songs? That's got to be the clincher.

Actually, it's only the dishwasher (so quiet) and the washer and dryer that sing happy little songs when their task is completed. :girlneener:
BK, since you're buying a fridge and stove, you won't get their happy songs.
But we did buy a Samsung gas stove and fridge from Best Buy; and so far, we really like them.

BK001 02-08-2018 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barefoot (Post 1513519)
Actually, it's only the dishwasher (so quiet) and the washer and dryer that sing happy little songs when their task is completed. :girlneener:
BK, since you're buying a fridge and stove, you won't get their happy songs.
But we did buy a Samsung gas stove and fridge from Best Buy; and so far, we really like them.

I'm going to check Best Buy out right now. I'm limited in what I can get since I need under 35.5" in width and most of the fridges I like are 36" or more. Sigh. I'm replacing a side by side (which I abhor) hopefully with a French Door which I really like.

jmvalcq 02-08-2018 07:09 PM

Appliances

If your a member of Costco I would give them a look, we just bought a Samsung French door 28 cu ft. Fridge there for our house up north and down here we bought another fridge, washer & dryer there too. The have free delivery, they include the cords, hoses water lines, and free haul away. They also extend the mfg’s warranty by another year. If you have their credit card there is another discount and they also double the warranty. We have 4 yr warranties on our items at no charge.

villagetinker 02-08-2018 07:12 PM

BK001, you might also check consumer reports on these appliances so you do not get one with a bad rep, or higher than average repairs.

dbussone 02-08-2018 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmvalcq (Post 1513530)
If your a member of Costco I would give them a look, we just bought a Samsung French door 28 cu ft. Fridge there for our house up north and down here we bought another fridge, washer & dryer there too. The have free delivery, they include the cords, hoses water lines, and free haul away. They also extend the mfg’s warranty by another year. If you have their credit card there is another discount and they also double the warranty. We have 4 yr warranties on our items at no charge.

We have also purchased Samsung appliances for our last 2 homes before moving to TV. We purchased a fridge, washer & dryer from Lowe’s in Charlotte before moving here. After 2 years we began experiencing issues with the washer and dryer. We called the local Lowe’s, from which we purchased warrantees. They said there was nothing they could do to help. We then called Samsung. They said there were no authorized repair services in this area.

We went through this 5 times, each time paying out of pocket for repairs.

I love Samsung TVs, but I won’t purchase another appliance because of their failure to follow through on warrantees, and because of numerous electronic issues. We recently renovated our kitchen with a Viking fridge, Bosch dishwasher, and Viking stove. When the washer and dryer finally die, they will not be replaced with Samsung.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

retiredguy123 02-08-2018 08:20 PM

In my opinion, Lowes is the best place to buy appliances. They deliver and install them with their own employees and give you 30 days to report a defect. Home Depot relies on the manufacturer to deliver the appliances, and will not replace it after you accept delivery.

Mleeja 02-08-2018 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbussone (Post 1513543)
We have also purchased Samsung appliances for our last 2 homes before moving to TV. We purchased a fridge, washer & dryer from Lowe’s in Charlotte before moving here. After 2 years we began experiencing issues with the washer and dryer. We called the local Lowe’s, from which we purchased warrantees. They said there was nothing they could do to help. We then called Samsung. They said there were no authorized repair services in this area.

We went through this 5 times, each time paying out of pocket for repairs.

I love Samsung TVs, but I won’t purchase another appliance because of their failure to follow through on warrantees, and because of numerous electronic issues. We recently renovated our kitchen with a Viking fridge, Bosch dishwasher, and Viking stove. When the washer and dryer finally die, they will not be replaced with Samsung.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

You purchased extended warranties and Lowe’s would not honor them?

Nucky 02-08-2018 10:27 PM

Our fridge played a little tune every time I opened it. It was an alarm like I just escaped from Coleman to keep me on the straight and narrow on my diet. Lights and barking dogs just like on Hogans Heros! No weapons aimed at me yet!

Fraugoofy 02-08-2018 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BK001 (Post 1513498)

Thank you.

PS

7 months later... still trying to get Home Depot to fix a cabinet they ruined during installation. Have called texted, emailed and been to the store several times in person. Have 17 pages of documentation and still have a broken cabinet. Would NEVER recommend Home Depot...

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

manaboutown 02-09-2018 12:05 AM

I love my Bosch dishwasher!