Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About Golf Carts and Things (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/)
-   -   205-65-10 new tires (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/205-65-10-new-tires-256522/)

ajbrown 02-22-2018 01:21 PM

205-65-10 new tires

My searching capability must be off today. I need two 205-65-10 tires for my Club Car mounted on existing steel rims.

I noticed yesterday that one of the back tires on the cart is flat. I was going to plug it, but observed that both are pretty slick and should be replaced.

Years ago I used The Villages shop out on Rolling Acres for this kind of stuff, but could not find them.

I would bring the wheels to the service person. Any suggestions for who would remove old tires and replace with new on my rims?

Thanks

bagboy 02-22-2018 01:39 PM

Call Tire Choice on Wedgewood Lane. 352-391-1001. I seem to remember a poster mentioned this location does it for $15 per tire.

CWGUY 02-22-2018 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bagboy (Post 1517705)
Call Tire Choice on Wedgewood Lane. 352-391-1001. I seem to remember a poster mentioned this location does it for $15 per tire.

:confused: Is that based on all the high marks they get here on TOTV?:shrug:

Call one of The Villages Golf Cart Stores and ask for the price..... you'll be surprised. Cost to ask $0

The Villages shop out on Rolling Acres only builds new carts. Been that way for awhile. They have 3 garages at 3 stores.:wave:

red tail 02-22-2018 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajbrown (Post 1517700)
My searching capability must be off today. I need two 205-65-10 tires for my Club Car mounted on existing steel rims.

I noticed yesterday that one of the back tires on the cart is flat. I was going to plug it, but observed that both are pretty slick and should be replaced.

Years ago I used The Villages shop out on Rolling Acres for this kind of stuff, but could not find them.

I would bring the wheels to the service person. Any suggestions for who would remove old tires and replace with new on my rims?

Thanks

tire choice on the historic side. buy all my golf cart tires there and service and price has always been good.

ajbrown 02-22-2018 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWGUY (Post 1517717)

Call one of The Villages Golf Cart Stores and ask for the price..... you'll be surprised. Cost to ask $0

The Villages shop out on Rolling Acres only builds new carts. Been that way for awhile. They have 3 garages at 3 stores.:wave:

I did not know the cart stores had service departments. Thanks for that.

CWGUY 02-22-2018 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajbrown (Post 1517720)
I did not know the cart stores had service departments. Thanks for that.

By Winn-Dixie, LSL, and Brownwood. I use them when needed and for annual check-up. 1st. thing in the a.m. when they open no appointment needed they have a line you get in. They give you a free loaner and call you when they finish. I've done this at Spanish Springs and Lake Sumter Landing..... no problem. A friend just told me he was surprised they had the BEST price for a tire he needed to replace. I know for a fact their price for a 12 volt battery for a gas cart is better than Wally World.:wave:

PaulDenise 02-22-2018 04:47 PM

I have used Wildwood Tire on 44 just before 301. I also use them for my car tires.

PaulDenise 02-22-2018 04:50 PM

I have also bought tires from etrailer.com with good results.

Loadstar K399 Bias Trailer Tire - 205/65-10 - Load Range B Kenda Tires and Wheels AM1HP50

Topspinmo 02-22-2018 05:19 PM

Walmart? might want to do price comparison. The same tire can be as much higher each depending on where you go?

ColdNoMore 02-22-2018 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajbrown (Post 1517700)

Thanks

If you have a membership...Sam's Club.

I don't recall exactly what I paid when I brought mine in for replacement last year...but I recall it was reasonable, quick and easy.

Balancing included in the price! :thumbup:

Topspinmo 02-25-2018 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdNoMore (Post 1517789)
If you have a membership...Sam's Club.

I don't recall exactly what I paid when I brought mine in for replacement last year...but I recall it was reasonable, quick and easy.

Balancing included in the price! :thumbup:

Why would golf cart tire need balancing? Walmart has kenda loadstars c rated for 44 each.

bagboy 02-25-2018 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWGUY (Post 1517717)

My post stated what it was based on.

ColdNoMore 02-25-2018 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspinmo (Post 1518295)
Why would golf cart tire need balancing? Walmart has kenda loadstars c rated for 44 each.

The real question is, why do you think that they wouldn't need balancing?

All but one of mine have small lead weights on them, so the technician put them on for some reason.

Since it was included at no extra cost, at a very reasonable price...I'm satisfied.

CWGUY 02-25-2018 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bagboy (Post 1518298)
My post stated what it was based on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bagboy (Post 1517705)

:ohdear: I still don't know what it was based on. Was it based on you seeming to remember a poster mentioned this location does it for $15 per tire? Do they sell tires and mount them for $15.00? I think the OP was looking to buy tires. If you search this site you will see the majority of folks have nothing good to say about Tire Choice. I more than "seem to remember" my one and only time going there. Anyway I was not trying to start a wizzing contest.

:ho: Have a good day!

ajbrown 02-27-2018 08:25 AM

Villages Golf Carts - Sumter

Called two places Tire Choice on Le grande and the Villages Golf carts in Sumter. Prices were almost identical, so went with a location close to me. Can expect to pay about $70 for a new 205-65-10 tire mounted on your rim.

Thanks for all the input.