Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Water Filtration/Treatment Systems (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/water-filtration-treatment-systems-311/)
-   -   Pegasus (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/water-filtration-treatment-systems-311/pegasus-257841/)

Nevets 03-09-2018 12:06 PM

Pegasus

Any one have a Pegasus whole house water filtration system? If so, do you recommend it?

splashes 03-09-2018 07:50 PM

yes yes yes

vintageogauge 03-09-2018 08:06 PM

They are way over priced. We put in a Nova filtration system as well as there softener and it works great, excellent water quality now. Uses one bag of pellets every 6 or 7 weeks and change the filters once a year. I've had a lot of different systems over the years and the Nova is as good as any of them and a lot less money.

Pinball wizard 05-01-2018 10:27 AM

I'm in the middle of heavy research now. I'm leaning to a no NaCl and no KCl no backwash system. I'd love to compare notes.

Marc&Cheryl 06-19-2018 09:07 AM

A woman came to the door welcoming us to the Villages. She gave me the impression she was like a welcome wagon from the Villages. She said she had a gift card for free dinners to welcome us and would drop it off later. So I get a call to set an “appointment” to receive the card. A guy calls an hour before the appointment time and wants to make sure my husband will be there as well. I question this and he comes clean and admits it’s a sales call from Pegasus water filtration. Very deceptive.

TommyT 06-19-2018 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc&Cheryl (Post 1554526)
A woman came to the door welcoming us to the Villages. She gave me the impression she was like a welcome wagon from the Villages. She said she had a gift card for free dinners to welcome us and would drop it off later. So I get a call to set an “appointment” to receive the card. A guy calls an hour before the appointment time and wants to make sure my husband will be there as well. I question this and he comes clean and admits it’s a sales call from Pegasus water filtration. Very deceptive.

The Villages does not have a "Welcome Wagon."
SCAM !!!!

VillageIdiots 06-19-2018 09:46 AM

We have one and love it. Had it deinstalled for a few days while we had our garage floor done and missed it terribly. I won't share the price we paid because we promised not to but I'll just say we got a great deal compared to MSRP.

Brenda.ball 06-19-2018 10:04 AM

We had a NOVA whole house filtration system put in. We could tell an immediate difference in the quality of our water.

Bogie Shooter 06-19-2018 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VillageIdiots (Post 1554538)
We have one and love it. Had it deinstalled for a few days while we had our garage floor done and missed it terribly. I won't share the price we paid because we promised not to but I'll just say we got a great deal compared to MSRP.

Is that because everybody pays a different price based on their negotiating skills? What kind of a reputable business does this?

CWGUY 06-19-2018 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 1554552)
Is that because everybody pays a different price based on their negotiating skills? What kind of a reputable business does this?

:shrug: The kind that goes door to door?

VillageIdiots 06-19-2018 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 1554552)

Right, because that model has never worked in the car sales or pre-owned home sales business since the invention of the wheel and indoor plumbing. Believe me, I'm the worst at negotiating and still got a deal I felt comfortable with. If someone isn't comfortable with that approach, don't even invite them into your home and move on.

Chase219 10-15-2018 09:08 PM

Excellent system