Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Dogs In The Squares When Extremely Crowded (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/dogs-squares-when-extremely-crowded-258698/)

2BNTV 03-18-2018 11:41 AM

Dogs In The Squares When Extremely Crowded

I was in SS square for the St Paddy Day Parade and the car show the following day. The square was extremely packed.

I was wondering if anyone thought it's unkind to their dogs to be in such a crowded space, as they might get injured.

BTW - I am not a dog owner.

raynan 03-18-2018 12:06 PM

I am a dog owner. IMO it is cruel to take dogs on leashes or in strollers when the squares are so crowded and especially in the heat of the summer. It is not good for the dogs or everyone else who are trying not to trip on leashes or strollers. It's become downright dangerous when there are festivals which are so crowded. Leave your pets home in A/C and napping while you go out for a couple of hours. Let the name calling begin. I can take it.

Uberschaf 03-18-2018 12:15 PM

I agree as I was in the new Lowes and there were many dogs with the customers. All of a sudden I heard a dog fight going on from afar and a yelp. Dogs don't always get along as people don't get along. Please don't drag your dog to someplace that is stressful to them.

patfla06 03-18-2018 12:37 PM

Why would anyone bring their dog to Lowe’s???

Cisco Kid 03-18-2018 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2BNTV (Post 1524566)
I was in SS square for the St Paddy Day Parade and the car show the following day. The square was extremely packed.

I was wondering if anyone thought it's unkind to their dogs to be in such a crowded space, as they might get injured.

BTW - I am not a dog owner.

To solve this. People without dogs should be banned.
God knows something is wrong with them.

dnobles 03-18-2018 01:03 PM

I love dogs and I feel the same way Plus the pavement was very hot for dogs that were walking

Mleeja 03-18-2018 01:17 PM

I am a dog owner and lover. I agree leave your dogs at home when going to the squares when you know it is going to crowded.

CFrance 03-18-2018 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cisco Kid (Post 1524590)
To solve this. People without dogs should be banned.
God knows something is wrong with them.

OMG. You are priceless!:highfive:

600th Photo Sq 03-18-2018 02:21 PM

These dog owners are simply " Clueless " . Somehow they seem to think that their priceless baby will be " Lonesome " without them... Get a life and grow up ...Leave Fido at home.

Footnote: When Square One Burger allowed Dogs on the patio I brought my Cat and Parrot sat down and was all set to order and was asked to leave...Go figure...making a staement.

600th Photo Sq 03-18-2018 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 1524595)
OMG. You are priceless!:highfive:

CISCO Makes a valid point...Better still call the Humane Society

coffeebean 03-18-2018 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uberschaf (Post 1524579)
I agree as I was in the new Lowes and there were many dogs with the customers. All of a sudden I heard a dog fight going on from afar and a yelp. Dogs don't always get along as people don't get along. Please don't drag your dog to someplace that is stressful to them.

It has only been recently that I'm seeing dogs everywhere.....even in restaurants at outside tables. Years ago, dogs in restaurants were only allowed in Europe and certainly not here in America. What has happened? Why are all these establishments allowing dogs? All of these dogs are certainly not service dogs or emotional support animals.

LittleDog 03-18-2018 03:24 PM

We had breakfast this morning in Toojays at Lake Sumter Landing and while exiting in the line there was a women with a small dog in line and I didn't see any service dog sign on the dog.

John

Chellybean 03-18-2018 03:28 PM

Just Something to think about.
Some folks lost there significant other and a dog is there only companion.
As a prior dog owner they become your family and some people here that live alone, that may be there only family.
Just something to consider.

CFrance 03-18-2018 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq (Post 1524611)
These dog owners are simply " Clueless " . Somehow they seem to think that their priceless baby will be " Lonesome " without them... Get a life and grow up ...Leave Fido at home.

Footnote: When Square One Burger allowed Dogs on the patio I brought my Cat and Parrot sat down and was all set to order and was asked to leave...Go figure...making a staement.

So it's not okay to take a dog out with you but it is okay to take your cat and parrot!

Methinks you're making that up.:evil6:

Carla B 03-18-2018 03:52 PM

Well, maybe he was asked to leave because the parrot used bad language.