Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Feminine Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/feminine-forum-111/)
-   -   Bra Fitter (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/feminine-forum-111/bra-fitter-258931/)

dotti105 03-21-2018 11:51 AM

Bra Fitter

Does anyone know of a good Bra Fitter?

I have looked here in The Villages and there seems to be nothing.

What about Ocala or Orlando?

I am sure there is someone in Orlando, but i hate to start hunting on my own! If anyone has experience with someone they like. Please share!

Thanks!

Daddymac 03-21-2018 12:11 PM

Right here..
And if im wrong,, I’ll keep checking. And checking And checking.

Daddymac 03-21-2018 12:12 PM

I forgot to say,, I’m the owner of my Co. So I’m hands on!!! Lol

Fredman 03-21-2018 01:15 PM

I knew where this would go

kgentile1010 03-21-2018 01:37 PM

You can try Soma in Spanish Springs.

Inexes@aol.com 03-21-2018 02:03 PM

A couple years ago I went to the shop in LSL, can't remember the name but it was a terrible experience and bras was their specialty. Then one day I was in Belk's in SS and looking, the saleswoman asked if she could help..... I accepted. I think we went thru every bra in Belks but I am here to tell you, when we were done, I had the best fit of my life.... she was wonderful. Good luck...... another of the joys of womanhood....

dotti105 03-21-2018 02:33 PM

Right!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredman (Post 1525489)
I knew where this would go

I knew there would be some guys out there willing to help!!
Thanks, but No Thanks!!

Opmoochler 03-21-2018 02:35 PM

Wacoal bras

If Belks sells Wacoal bras and there is someone who knows the product, you're in luck!

CFrance 03-21-2018 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daddymac (Post 1525469)
Right here..
And if im wrong,, I’ll keep checking. And checking And checking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daddymac (Post 1525470)
I forgot to say,, I’m the owner of my Co. So I’m hands on!!! Lol ������

And thus we have the Me Too movement.

CFrance 03-21-2018 02:38 PM

Call Macy's. I think they sponsor fitting.

manaboutown 03-21-2018 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opmoochler (Post 1525518)
If Belks sells Wacoal bras and there is someone who knows the product, you're in luck!

Wacoal is a very popular brand. Several women I know wear them.

Madelaine Amee 03-21-2018 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manaboutown (Post 1525541)

Belk has a fund raiser for breast cancer sometime in the year and their Wacoal bra fitter is excellent. Suggest you ask someone in the Lingerie Department when the next Wacoal fitting will be.

Carla B 03-22-2018 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manaboutown (Post 1525541)

And just how do you know that? My husband has no idea about the brand I wear and have worn for decades and wouldn't remember if I told him!

manaboutown 03-22-2018 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carla B (Post 1525730)
And just how do you know that? My husband has no idea about the brand I wear and have worn for decades and wouldn't remember if I told him!

Well, I have been single since 1994 and have received quite an education over the years. Judith Leiber, Prada, Coach, Longchamp, Ferragamo, Jimmy Choo, St. John, Spanx, Chantelle, La Perla, Armani, Zegna, Hermes and of course Victoria's Secret are all names that have become quite familiar to me.

TooColdNJ 04-16-2018 07:10 AM

It’s like buying jeans...

I’ve been miserable! Ready to burn my bra! Oh...I think I missed that movement! Nordstrom in NJ! Oprah had a show some time ago all about that. If you have an idea what your size is to begin with, go from there, because different brands all fit differently regardless of their size. Google bra fitting guidelines. I know ‘em all. Bring a good friend to be your runner. After all! That’s what the sales person would do. I went to Soma, and the young lady there was helpful, but all she did was measure me, and I still had to try a billion bras anyway. I’m not crazy about their bras, anyway. The ladies with tape measures are long gone, and the department stores are so short staffed rhat you’ll be lucky if you find one. Find a ‘high end’ department store... typically you get personal attention... splurge on a high-end bra. After all, just like purchasing a good mattress for optimum comfort, if you have to wear a bra for for at least 10 hours of the day, comfort is the key. Softer fabrics; etc make a world of difference in addition to fit. I find it a frustrating task, and I’m still looking. It’s the first thing that comes off at the end of the day, but not by my hubby!! It’s as frustrating as buying jeans...you can try on a dozen pairs of the same jeans; and they all fit differently until you find the one pair that’s perfect... and then buy more than one pair, until you lose or gain weight, then you’ll be back to square one. I know all the hints and tips, but comfort is still hard to find. Good luck! If you find someone to help, along with a wide variety of styles, let me know! The saying goes, “a good man is hard to find.” I have the good man...but the bra search continues...