Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Buttonwood lady hits the trifecta (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/buttonwood-lady-hits-trifecta-259096/)

GoodLife 03-23-2018 08:57 AM

Buttonwood lady hits the trifecta

A woman in a speeding golf cart was arrested on a charge of driving under the influence Wednesday morning in the Village of Buttonwood.
A Sumter County sheriff’s deputy spotted a maroon golf cart traveling at 33 miles per hour, well above the 20 miles per hour limit required for a non-Street Legal golf cart, according to an arrest report from the Sumter County Sheriff’s Office.

She was arrested on charges of driving under the influence, operating a motor vehicle with a permanently revoked license and operating an unregistered motor vehicle. She was also cited for open container.

more at the online news

Goldwingnut 03-23-2018 09:08 AM

The stupid shall be punished...

Lottoguy 03-23-2018 09:12 AM

Wow, that was stupid.

redwitch 03-23-2018 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lottoguy (Post 1526008)
Wow, that was stupid.

... and will be expensive

Topspinmo 03-23-2018 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodLife (Post 1526000)
A woman in a speeding golf cart was arrested on a charge of driving under the influence Wednesday morning in the Village of Buttonwood.
A Sumter County sheriff’s deputy spotted a maroon golf cart traveling at 33 miles per hour, well above the 20 miles per hour limit required for a non-Street Legal golf cart, according to an arrest report from the Sumter County Sheriff’s Office.

She was arrested on charges of driving under the influence, operating a motor vehicle with a permanently revoked license and operating an unregistered motor vehicle. She was also cited for open container.

more at the online news

She was on wine run and probably got in her husbands golf cart which probably golfer with cart speed cranked to max so he can speed from one tee time to another. 90% speeding carts passing me are golfers, am I the only one noticing this?

Chatbrat 03-23-2018 09:54 AM

must of been the cart I challenged a few years ago-when I clocked him @ 33mph--he said he was a retired cop--no professional courtesy here

l2ridehd 03-23-2018 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspinmo (Post 1526012)
She was on wine run and probably got in her husbands golf cart which probably golfer with cart speed cranked to max so he can speed from one tee time to another. 90% speeding carts passing me are golfers, am I the only one noticing this?

Did you also notice that 90% of all carts are golfers?

Chatbrat 03-23-2018 10:29 AM

Tee time and the 19th hole

Topspinmo 03-23-2018 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l2ridehd (Post 1526035)
Did you also notice that 90% of all carts are golfers?

Hardly

alwann 03-23-2018 12:14 PM

Trifecta

Didn't there used to be a tee shirt for sale that claimed we are a drinking community with a golfing problem? If not, somebody should create one.

NotGolfer 03-23-2018 01:47 PM

We see these "jacked up" golf carts quite often then the discussion on here gets where folks don't think the law applies to them if they do it. For that lady, it was just a matter of time before she got caught. It will be VERY expensive and a pain in her "neck" for a good long time as she'll have to rely on others to drive her around (I would think, anyway).

Topspinmo 03-23-2018 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwann (Post 1526083)
Didn't there used to be a tee shirt for sale that claimed we are a drinking community with a golfing problem? If not, somebody should create one.

As long as the golf carts picture looks like NASCAR:clap2:

BobnBev 03-23-2018 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotGolfer (Post 1526105)
We see these "jacked up" golf carts quite often then the discussion on here gets where folks don't think the law applies to them if they do it. For that lady, it was just a matter of time before she got caught. It will be VERY expensive and a pain in her "neck" for a good long time as she'll have to rely on others to drive her around (I would think, anyway).

She will still be driving tomorrow...getting caught means nothing to her, after all, she's "entitled".:boom:

Bogie Shooter 03-23-2018 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwann (Post 1526083)

Google it, there are many places where you can buy one.

rustyp 03-23-2018 07:01 PM

People who live in glass houses ?