Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Landscape Talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/)
-   -   Goodbye Deans........ (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/goodbye-deans-260316/)

lanabanana73 04-06-2018 02:41 PM

Goodbye Deans........

.......HELLO Fertigator! Fingers crossed. My lawn can't get worse, that's for sure.

Paper1 04-06-2018 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lanabanana73 (Post 1530719)
.......HELLO Fertigator! Fingers crossed. My lawn can't get worse, that's for sure.

I'm smiling as I just did the opposite. My lawn looked like the "Garden of Weeden" so I went from Fertigator to Deans. I think they all have the same business model, they will come back and retreat if you call. Most people don't call and have pretty low expectations. Growth of The Villages has been so rapid demand is outstripping supply so losing a customer means nothing as two new ones are waiting to take their place. It will stay that way for a while yet.

Bob3302 04-06-2018 09:11 PM

Hmmmm. What happened to ServiceSmart... are they out of Business....

Wiotte 04-06-2018 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob3302 (Post 1530822)

They either have or will reincarnate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wiotte 04-06-2018 09:47 PM

Goodbye Deans........

[QUOTE=Wiotte;1530825]They either have or will reincarnate.
Website is non existent. Google reviews won’t hyperlink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Abby10 04-07-2018 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lanabanana73 (Post 1530719)

I'm looking into Fertigator myself but not because I'm unhappy with Dean's. It's just that neither Dean's nor Massey's does everything whereas Fertigator does. Haven't made the switch yet.

I used to see glowing reviews on here for Fertigator. Has that changed? Would love to hear from others that have used them.

Bob3302 04-07-2018 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob3302 (Post 1530822)

I paid for a year of service and they have not showed up for at Least 3 months. It appears their phones and website is down so I assume they went out of business. Anyone have anymore detail????

Nucky 04-07-2018 06:47 PM

Scott's lawn care. We downloaded Scott's App on the phone went thru a couple of questions and they let you know when and what to put down when you want to. We always use a little less than they recommend and that's one less Vendor we have to deal with. The lawn was fantastic last year. We will do it this way as long as possible. Did you ever think about each neighbor around you getting the potion that their law company applies and it is being sprayed on willy-nilly? It helps my lawn also. I'm not being cheap, the results are just as good or better at a fraction of the price.

Miles42 04-07-2018 07:47 PM

I think most of so called Lawn care companies in The villages could care less.

Travel Addict 04-08-2018 06:52 AM

Any recommendations or comments on Douglas Lawncare?

Travel Addict 04-08-2018 06:52 AM

Good suggestion on Scott’s app. Will check this out.

karostay 04-08-2018 06:56 AM

I believe after 5 or more years living here we all could write a manual on lawn service companies .
They are all out of the same box on a shelf...Choose one hope for the best..
It's about bottom line...Mow as many lawns a day they can no one is going to spend time evaluating your lawn or shrubs till there's a problem.

They apply least amount of fertilizer to keep you lawn looking some what green after all if it grows they need to mow

Weeding is an add on all they do spray roundup kill 1/2 the plants in you flower and shrub bed then charge you for it.

When your away for the summer your landscaping is ignored till you return and complain.

Then they give you some excuse..

But when you finally get fed up and cancel

They show up more times than a door to door sales man

Good luck I fired Fertigator years ago

Abby10 04-08-2018 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nucky (Post 1531029)
Scott's lawn care. We downloaded Scott's App on the phone went thru a couple of questions and they let you know when and what to put down when you want to. We always use a little less than they recommend and that's one less Vendor we have to deal with. The lawn was fantastic last year. We will do it this way as long as possible. Did you ever think about each neighbor around you getting the potion that their law company applies and it is being sprayed on willy-nilly? It helps my lawn also. I'm not being cheap, the results are just as good or better at a fraction of the price.

Thanks, Nucky. This sounds like a good idea for a DIY. Will have to pass this along to my better half who likes to do the outdoor maintenance himself. This will be right up his alley.

BoatRatKat 04-08-2018 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nucky (Post 1531029)

Same here. My husband has been doing this for years and our lawn always looks better than any of our neighbors. Every 3 months he puts down the Scotts weed and fertilizer and it takes him less than 1/2 hr. Same schedule and amount of time with the bug stuff. Super easy and much cheaper.

TommyT 04-08-2018 08:32 AM

They're in Fenney!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob3302 (Post 1531025)
Anyone have anymore detail????

They are in the Village of Fenney. Going door to door. Been by my house four times asking for business. I keep telling them to LEAVE.