Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, New Members Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/)
-   -   Need Knowledge (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/need-knowledge-26507/)

golfgirl1031 01-03-2010 06:42 PM

Need Knowledge

We're considering moving to TV - but we want to learn as much as we can before coming down again. We were there for 3 days in Dec. What do we need to know about the Salespeople? How much do they really tell you? Would you rent and get a "feel" for the area before buying? We loved the area and all the things there are to do.. Thanks for your help!!!

Russ_Boston 01-03-2010 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfgirl1031 (Post 241011)
We're considering moving to TV - but we want to learn as much as we can before coming down again. We were there for 3 days in Dec. What do we need to know about the Salespeople? How much do they really tell you? Would you rent and get a "feel" for the area before buying? We loved the area and all the things there are to do.. Thanks for your help!!!

I think some amount of renting can't hurt. But you should know within a month or so if it is for you. I can't speak to the salespeople but I would take any salesman's thoughts with a grain of salt no mater where they live!

ijusluvit 01-03-2010 07:30 PM

There are just two things to do:

1) Read the TOTV forums like crazy, Especially "Nut & Bolts" and the answers to the newcomers questions.

2) Rent for a while, tour the entire complex and talk to as many people as possible. Be sure to include people who work in TV, not just residents.

(I almost hate to say this, but if you follow these directions EXACTLY, the next thing you will do is buy a house and live happily ever after.)

graciegirl 01-04-2010 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ijusluvit (Post 241020)
There are just two things to do:

1) Read the TOTV forums like crazy, Especially "Nut & Bolts" and the answers to the newcomers questions.

2) Rent for a while, tour the entire complex and talk to as many people as possible. Be sure to include people who work in TV, not just residents.

(I almost hate to say this, but if you follow these directions EXACTLY, the next thing you will do is buy a house and live happily ever after.)

I absolutely agree!!

Good luck and Welcome. Ask any questions that you like. The same house costs more or less depending on how it is sited. The most popular floor plan is the Camellia/Gardenia. (stick/stucco)

Lobwedge60 01-04-2010 01:26 PM

Download the E-Book "Don't even THINK about moving to the villages without reading this book First". It certainly is filled with information , tips and general nice to know answers to questions you may not think of right away.

Pturner 01-10-2010 02:13 PM

Yeah, another Villager in waiting! I agree with the other posters: ask, read, rent and tour. You'll meet many great people who are eager to help you find the perfect place for you. We're excited for you!

annie2 01-10-2010 03:05 PM

Please keep in mind that if you are looking at resales along with new homes, you will need 2 sales reps. The Villages sales rep is the only rep that can show you new homes but they can only show the resales that are listed with VLS. All other resales can only been shown by an MLS agent.
Enjoy your time, it goes by so fast...
Ask any questions that might arise on TOTV and you will get honest and informative answers.
Good luck