Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages Golf Course Conditions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-golf-course-conditions-471/)
-   -   Which Executive Courses (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-golf-course-conditions-471/executive-courses-265561/)

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 06-11-2018 07:11 PM

Which Executive Courses

are in good shape right now.

I've played several and most are pretty bad. Hilltop and Silver Lake have the best greens but the rest of those courses are sub par.

It seems that I have to go south of 466A to play anything in decent shape.

Mortal1 06-11-2018 08:16 PM

Weeeeelllll....south of 466a you have Palmetto, Sweetgum, Mangrove, Volusia, Sarasota, Okeechobee and Escambia. The last four had superb greens till this spring. Now they are crap. No it's not the aeration, verticutting or top dressing. They've just lost them. Really sad. They putt and look like crap. Might take a while to get them back. Still fun to play, but it's auto two putt for the foreseeable future.

No idea how Red/Gray Fox look.

Mleeja 06-12-2018 08:28 PM

El Santiago and El Diablo were in good shape. The key word is “were”. I see where El Diablo’s greens were sanded today. Played Saddlebrook Saturday and the greens putted well.

DonH57 06-16-2018 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr (Post 1552562)
are in good shape right now.

I've played several and most are pretty bad. Hilltop and Silver Lake have the best greens but the rest of those courses are sub par.

It seems that I have to go south of 466A to play anything in decent shape.

We played Walnut Grove yesterday. All nine greens were in pretty good shape. We left them that way.:)

ColdNoMore 06-16-2018 11:01 AM

At least the greens fees for executives is right...being that they're free (walking).

jebartle 06-16-2018 11:05 AM

Exec.

Not Mira Mesa. Aerification 6/14 yesterday and no. 9 in bad shape.
btw, I'm a big fan of Mira Mesa but not right now! No.3 ladies tee in awful, awful shape!!!

DonH57 06-16-2018 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdNoMore (Post 1553637)
At least the greens fees for executives is right...being that they're free (walking).

I've walked a few with a 3 wheeler I recently purchased. Good exercise and gives me time to figure how I can goof up the next shot.

ColdNoMore 06-16-2018 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonH57 (Post 1553687)
I've walked a few with a 3 wheeler I recently purchased. Good exercise and gives me time to figure how I can goof up the next shot.

Yep. :D

Even when I'm riding a cart on the championship courses (I haven't played an executive in a few years now)...I like to walk a lot.

For me, it's a time to relax and think good swing thoughts and corrections so that at least my next bad shot...will go in the opposite direction as my last bad shot. :1rotfl:

coach 06-16-2018 06:49 PM

I agree with an earlier poster who said Walnut Grove greens were in good shape. I played there today and thought the greens were great.

DonH57 06-16-2018 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coach (Post 1553739)
I agree with an earlier poster who said Walnut Grove greens were in good shape. I played there today and thought the greens were great.

They were very smooth, clean, and the grass cut very clean and even. No bald or black spots. Some of the best greens I've seen here.