Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Stupid Solution to narrow golf cart path (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/stupid-solution-narrow-golf-cart-path-266150/)

Chatbrat 06-20-2018 02:16 PM

Stupid Solution to narrow golf cart path

Looks like Lady Lake in their engineering solution to the problem of real narrow golf cart paths has decided to fix things by repainting lines and making the car lanes narrower

Wow , now instead of a golf cart rolling over when it kisses the curb, we can now expect the specter of a head on crash of two cars\\

Widen the roadway !!!--expect some major lawsuits, from this exercise in stupidity& frugality

Rapscallion St Croix 06-20-2018 02:25 PM

You are spinning this just a bit. What you state as a decision was just a suggestion from the mayor.

ColdNoMore 06-20-2018 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1554921)
Looks like Lady Lake in their engineering solution to the problem of real narrow golf cart paths has decided to fix things by repainting lines and making the car lanes narrower

Wow , now instead of a golf cart rolling over when it kisses the curb, we can now expect the specter of a head on crash of two cars\\

Widen the roadway !!!--expect some major lawsuits, from this exercise in stupidity& frugality

Every extra inch in roadway width...costs X amount of $$$'s.

Paint is cheap.

Some people will even actually think...that the problem has been 'solved.' :oops:

Chatbrat 06-20-2018 03:25 PM

So you're willing to put a price on safety, as a retired submariner , short cuts kill people, its the legacy of the USS Thresher

DonH57 06-20-2018 04:35 PM

A better designed curb would give the carts plenty of room.

CFrance 06-20-2018 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdNoMore (Post 1554935)
Every extra inch in roadway width...costs X amount of $$$'s.

Paint is cheap.

Some people will even actually think...that the problem has been 'solved.' :oops:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1554938)
So you're willing to put a price on safety, as a retired submariner , short cuts kill people, its the legacy of the USS Thresher

I don't think he meant that at all. I think he was inferring that they took the cheap way out.

Topspinmo 06-20-2018 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonH57 (Post 1554962)
A better designed curb would give the carts plenty of room.

I agree, the 90 degree curbs are dangerous, IMO the curbs should have 30 degree slant or more to them. Enough to keep water flowing to drain and not enough to flip carts, bikes, and blow out tires and dent rims.

bagboy 06-20-2018 05:13 PM

The cart lanes were widened on Rio Grande in Sumter County, doesn't appear to me to be "less" safe driving a car there.

ColdNoMore 06-20-2018 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 1554965)
I don't think he meant that at all. I think he was inferring that they took the cheap way out.

EXACTLY! :oops:

Thank you. :ho:

graciegirl 06-20-2018 06:23 PM

Quote:

This is what I think you are saying; That Lady Lake is planning to rearrange the lines of the golf cart paths that run along the roadways in that part of The Villages in order to widen the golf cart paths and in so doing will narrow the car lanes?

You don't have a golf cart yet do you? Just an afterthought. Just wondered.

ColdNoMore 06-20-2018 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bagboy (Post 1554978)
The cart lanes were widened on Rio Grande in Sumter County, doesn't appear to me to be "less" safe driving a car there.

Look again, I believe the entire roadway (curbs & all) was widened...up to about the mail station/pellet gun range?

Which is the whole point of the OP.

graciegirl 06-20-2018 06:25 PM

Quote:

Could you link us to the source of this information?

bagboy 06-20-2018 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdNoMore (Post 1554995)
Look again, I believe the entire roadway (curbs & all) was widened...up to about the mail station/pellet gun range?

Which is the whole point of the OP.

Heading that way tomorrow. I don't doubt you, it just seems fluid driving from one county to another in car and cart.

ColdNoMore 06-20-2018 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bagboy (Post 1555035)
Heading that way tomorrow. I don't doubt you, it just seems fluid driving from one county to another in car and cart.

I don't go that way all that often, but I distinctly recall noticing what looked like new asphalt...and what was obviously wider cart paths (about a year ago?).

I was a bit shocked, when it narrowed up and went back to the old asphalt (never thought about it being the county line like mentioned)...before the 4-way stop.

Will be anxious to hear if you can definitely say that the whole road is wider...and not just a wider painted cart path. :thumbup:

golf2140 06-20-2018 07:43 PM

Hey Chat,

Do you ever drive there. Sumter County changed it years ago. Lake County is just catching up.