Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages Golf Course Conditions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-golf-course-conditions-471/)
-   -   Belmont course (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-golf-course-conditions-471/belmont-course-266508/)

golf47guy 06-26-2018 09:12 AM

Belmont course

The greens are in terrible condition at Belmont.

Bogie Shooter 06-26-2018 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golf47guy (Post 1556527)

Didn't know which of your duplicate threads to respond to, so picked this one.
Your feelings should be expressed to;
Eric Van Gorder, Director of Executive golf Maintenance.
eric.vangorder@districtgov.org or 352-753-3396.

Rapscallion St Croix 06-26-2018 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 1556552)
Didn't know which of your duplicate threads to respond to, so picked this one.
Your feelings should be expressed to;
Eric Van Gorder, Director of Executive golf Maintenance.
eric.vangorder@districtgov.org or 352-753-3396.

Or, they could assume that a sub-forum of TOTV called "Course Conditions" would be a good place to give fellow members a "heads up".

justjim 06-26-2018 10:42 AM

Spelling

Likely spell check did that. OP, plays on a golf course. Thanks anyway. :gc:

DonH57 06-26-2018 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golf47guy (Post 1556527)

Thanks for the warning. The greens on hilltop were just punched and sanded.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 06-26-2018 06:00 PM

I played Pimlico and Churchill yesterday and the greens on both were horrendous. I played Chula Vista and Hilltop today. The greens on Chula Vista were horrible. The greens on Hilltop were just aerified and top dressed. Hilltop and Silver Lake usually have the best greens in The Villages.

I've played several regulation golf courses recently and to my surprise the greens on Belle Glade, Hacienda, Palmer and Glenview are all terrible.

I was talking to one of the course assistant managers and he told me that the budget for his regulation golf course is $52,000. That is the problem right there.

I worked at some very nice 18 hole private clubs in the 80s and their greens budgets were around $1,000,000. $52,000 is absurd. They must put nothing into these golf courses. No wonder there is so much turnover of management personnel.

DonH57 06-27-2018 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr (Post 1556657)
I played Pimlico and Churchill yesterday and the greens on both were horrendous. I played Chula Vista and Hilltop today. The greens on Chula Vista were horrible. The greens on Hilltop were just aerified and top dressed. Hilltop and Silver Lake usually have the best greens in The Villages.

I've played several regulation golf courses recently and to my surprise the greens on Belle Glade, Hacienda, Palmer and Glenview are all terrible.

I was talking to one of the course assistant managers and he told me that the budget for his regulation golf course is $52,000. That is the problem right there.

I worked at some very nice 18 hole private clubs in the 80s and their greens budgets were around $1,000,000. $52,000 is absurd. They must put nothing into these golf courses. No wonder there is so much turnover of management personnel.

When they aerify a green I would assume the machine they use is balanced to prevent creating channels or ruts. Just curious because on some greens that have recently been done the ball would seem to follow a path off the natural slope it should take. I think the top dressing sometimes have thick pockets. We mentioned this to them after playing hilltop yesterday but I quess it would be better to ask the maintenance staff.:wave:

Bogie Shooter 06-27-2018 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr (Post 1556657)

Played Belle Glade today and foursome all commented on the very good condition of fairways and Greens.