Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Do It Yourself (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/do-yourself-210/)
-   -   Television and Sound bar not in synch (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/do-yourself-210/television-sound-bar-not-synch-266577/)

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 06-27-2018 11:20 AM

Television and Sound bar not in synch

I've had this LG television and LG soundbar for six years and it's been great. Lately, however, I'm noticing that the sound is not in synch with the images on the screen. You see the person's lips stop moving and the last word or so comes out afterward.

Does anyone know if there is some kind of adjustment I can make to correct this?

Rapscallion St Croix 06-27-2018 11:34 AM

Most LGs have a sync adjustment in audio settings

thetruth 06-27-2018 11:56 AM

Are you sure it is not one source

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr (Post 1556833)
I've had this LG television and LG soundbar for six years and it's been great. Lately, however, I'm noticing that the sound is not in synch with the images on the screen. You see the person's lips stop moving and the last word or so comes out afterward.

Does anyone know if there is some kind of adjustment I can make to correct this?

We've all seen that clapper panel used as a movie Icon.
It does have a function. When th top clicks to the bottom chart it makes it easy to synchronize the sound and the image for double system sound-the sound is recorded on a tape machine the image on film and then they are put together to show. On other systems there is a sound strip-recording tape on the side of the film. Editing, slopy editing can throw things out of sync.

This error is very common on such amateur stuff such as U-TUBE.

alwann 06-27-2018 12:03 PM

Lip Sync

Did you get a clicker with the sound bar? It should have a button for adjusting the sync.

retiredguy123 06-27-2018 12:38 PM

Quote:

Some soundbars have a reset button in the back of the soundbar and/or the subwoofer. It syncs the soundbar to the tv and subwoofer. Sometimes you need to stick a paper clip in a hole to reset it.

SFSkol 06-27-2018 01:08 PM

You might have inadvertently set the soundbar to a concert hall or stadium setting. Reset it. Surprised you are watching those Milli Vanilli videos.

mulligan 06-28-2018 06:45 AM

Not sure if I dare to say it, but did you read your instructions ??

Mortal1 06-28-2018 07:01 AM

Typically the "sync" option is for connecting to bluetooth...not syncing lip movement to dialog.

DeanFL 06-28-2018 07:12 AM

Typically my FIRST resort when forgetting something re a topic or such, research a product, or a question re something is my very best pal...

Google. 'lg soundbar tv sync sound'>

LG Help Library: Lip Sync Issues (asynchronous sound) | LG Canada

DonH57 06-28-2018 08:12 AM

Quote:

Maybe you last watched a kung foo movie and it auto corrected after that ?:throwtomatoes:

Rapscallion St Croix 06-28-2018 08:23 AM

Here is the gold standard for making the adjustment

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 06-28-2018 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix (Post 1556841)
Most LGs have a sync adjustment in audio settings

OIn the television or the sound bar?