Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages Golf Course Conditions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-golf-course-conditions-471/)
-   -   Truman (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-golf-course-conditions-471/truman-267184/)

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 07-05-2018 12:42 PM

Truman

Played Truman today and it is in very nice shape. I didn't notice any of the usual bad spots on the greens. The greens were pretty smooth and putted well although they are quite slow. The tees were perfect. I missed only two greens and had perfect lies.

There are a few wet spots that don't seem to drain very well and some idiots drove their carts through them.

DonH57 07-05-2018 02:28 PM

Good to hear. I've never got to play Truman.

eweissenbach 07-05-2018 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonH57 (Post 1559545)
Good to hear. I've never got to play Truman.

IMHO Truman is the best designed executive course in TV. Number two is my favorite hole in TV.

dewilson58 07-05-2018 03:43 PM

Give 'em Hell, Harry!!!

DonH57 07-05-2018 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eweissenbach (Post 1559606)
IMHO Truman is the best designed executive course in TV. Number two is my favorite hole in TV.

I've played Rosevelt about 5 or 6 times. Found it challenging but fun.

Shbullet 07-05-2018 11:36 PM

8th hole

I also enjoy trumen. I find the 8th hole, over the water in between the trees, staying clear of the bunkers as you try your best to land on the very slanted green I think its the most challenging.

Two Bills 07-06-2018 01:24 AM

Love Truman. Will challenge any standard of golfer, specialy when greens are running fast. From back marker, hole 2 is a goody, and a booger when windy.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 07-06-2018 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eweissenbach (Post 1559606)

It's certainly one of the best. I love to do the 18 hole crossover at Truman and Roosevelt. They are definitely two of the best in The Villages.

The second hole is nice, mostly because of the view, but the eighth is the one that you have to be careful of. Three is also a good hole. You can't miss that green to the right or you have a really difficult up and down.

I'm really glad to see them, along with Amberwood and Oakleigh. in good shape.

alwann 07-06-2018 08:17 AM

Truman

Do you know why the course is named Truman? Because Truman was an SOB.:loco:

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 07-06-2018 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shbullet (Post 1559743)
I also enjoy trumen. I find the 8th hole, over the water in between the trees, staying clear of the bunkers as you try your best to land on the very slanted green I think its the most challenging.

The most difficult thing about that hole is club selection. The first time I played it, I hit the very front of the green and the ball spun back and was a few feet from the water. Yesterday, I foolishly didn't use my range finder. I hit an eight iron and ended up on the very back of that green with a front pin placement. It's a good thing that the green was slow. I putted it down to about a foot. Had the green been fast I might have been in the water. The sad thing is that I hit maybe my best shot of the nine holes. I thought it was going in. Nine iron would have been perfect.

I did notice however that the allowed the grass on that slope to grow up a bit. Good idea on the part of the Villages.