Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   More Building Plans - Championship Golf? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/more-building-plans-championship-golf-267761/)

champion6 07-13-2018 01:04 PM

More Building Plans - Championship Golf?

2 Attachment(s)
Here are plans for a phase that is south of CR 468 and east of the Turnpike.

A new stretch of Morse Blvd. will come southward to meet the new Meggison Rd.

Decent size Amenity area - Village Rec Center?

I "think" the roundabout at the south corner of the Amenity will have a street leading to an overpass over the turnpike near the existing cattle bridge.

No golf course is shown, but I "think" a championship course is planned for the bottom center, labeled Village of Southern Oaks Phase V-C.

This plan shows a sliver of green that represents Golf, so presumably there will be more golf below that. I "heard" it will be championship golf.

I have been told that right now if you are on the turnpike south of the Okahumpka Service Plaza, you will see stakes on the east side of the turnpike. One color marks the tee boxes and another color marks the greens.

tom_sjc 07-13-2018 11:07 PM

Fairly new to TV. Isn't Meggison Road 44? And Morse crossing 44 is where the Rohan rec center is presently. So these maps show new tunnels going under 44 into the Phase V-C.
Is that correct?

What is the new Meggison road? I think I'm missing something.

Goldwingnut 07-14-2018 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom_sjc (Post 1562171)
Fairly new to TV. Isn't Meggison Road 44? And Morse crossing 44 is where the Rohan rec center is presently. So these maps show new tunnels going under 44 into the Phase V-C.
Is that correct?

Meggison is the road heading south out of Brownwood (between the bronze cows) that will continue south through the property under development between SR44 and the Turnpike, it will turn SE and parallel the Turnpike crossing CR468 and continuing SE all the way to CR470.

Morse, which passes the Rohan Rec Center will continue on down CR468 until about 3/4 of the way to the Turnpike crossing where it will hit a traffic circle and turn SE, finally intersecting Meggison as shown in the drawing that Champion6 posted. Going straight through the traffic circle will keep you on CR468 which is now call Warm Springs Blvd where it continues over the Turnpike, past the Villages of Linden, McClure, and Fenney finally ending at US301.

Clear as mud right? Just like all the roads in TV, these twist and turn their way through the property, there are few straight roads here.

champion6 07-14-2018 07:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom_sjc (Post 1562171)
Is that correct?

Attached is a plan showing the big - really big - picture of the future for TV.

Schaumburger 07-14-2018 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by champion6 (Post 1562226)
Attached is a plan showing the big - really big - picture of the future for TV.

How far south will The Villages be extended to? To where "Road C" runs into SR 471?

bilcon 07-14-2018 08:37 AM

They will probably keep going until they run out of land. Woopie! In ten years, you will a get a free Disney Pass when you buy your house, since you will be within walking distance of the back gate. Glad I won't be around. Ha!Ha!

UpNorth 07-14-2018 09:36 AM

The Villages used to push "free golf for life" (executive courses) as part of their sales pitch to sell homes. They don't do this anymore, since they have not added any "free" courses south of the ones bordering 466A. The Brownwood area has zero executive courses, and you need to go all the way to Fenney to see 2 more. There will only be 2 more nearby. My guess is that they will add another championship course or two, which are not "free'. The ratio of "free golf" to residents south of 466A seems to be on a steep decline. Yes, you can play anywhere, but expect to drive a long way if you live south of Brownwood. The few executives there could be pretty crowded.

vintageogauge 07-14-2018 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UpNorth (Post 1562262)
The Villages used to push "free golf for life" (executive courses) as part of their sales pitch to sell homes. They don't do this anymore, since they have not added any "free" courses south of the ones bordering 466A. The Brownwood area has zero executive courses, and you need to go all the way to Fenney to see 2 more. There will only be 2 more nearby. My guess is that they will add another championship course or two, which are not "free'. The ratio of "free golf" to residents south of 466A seems to be on a steep decline. Yes, you can play anywhere, but expect to drive a long way if you live south of Brownwood. The few executives there could be pretty crowded.

That is speculation there have already beeb 3 18 hole executive courses announced as well as a pitch and putt course all west of the turnpike and surely there are more in the works

Dan9871 07-14-2018 10:01 AM

Quote:

The Villages used to push "free golf for life" (executive courses) as part of their sales pitch to sell homes. They don't do this anymore,.

Free golf is still part of The Villages website. My guess is that is probably one of the first places people go when they are thinking about moving to The Villages.

"The Villages Community is the only place in the world where you can play complimentary golf for the rest of your life, on all of our executive courses."

Golfing Galore in The Villages®

bagboy 07-14-2018 10:26 AM

Quote:

Sweetgum, Mangrove, and Palmetto are a five minute golf cart ride to Brownwood.

Goldwingnut 07-14-2018 11:06 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Schaumburger (Post 1562238)
How far south will The Villages be extended to? To where "Road C" runs into SR 471?

Good question and the answer is pretty amazing when you start to measure.

From Road C to CR470 is 5.4 miles
From Road C to where US301 turns west just north of Fenney it is 8.2 miles.
From CR470 to SR48 on Road A it is 6.3 miles.
This is a HUGE amount of land to be developed, obviously a 30+ year plan.

vintageogauge 07-14-2018 12:48 PM

Getting close to the Webster Flea Market.

tomwed 07-14-2018 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintageogauge (Post 1562336)
Getting close to the Webster Flea Market.

I was curious why it's called a flea market.

"The term flea market originated with the French marche' aux puces. It translates "market of the fleas" and referred to the likely flea-infested used merchandise."

hmmmmmmmmmmm

ColdNoMore 07-14-2018 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by champion6 (Post 1562022)
Snip>

No golf course is shown, but I "think" a championship course is planned for the bottom center, labeled Village of Southern Oaks Phase V-C.

This plan shows a sliver of green that represents Golf, so presumably there will be more golf below that. I "heard" it will be championship golf.
<Snip

Hard to imagine, given the projected size of additional development...that only one regulation course is planned. :oops:

Even if there were 3-5, it doesn't seem commiserate...with the current ratio.

And given the distance to the existing courses from this 'southern expansion' (particularly any courses north of 466A), I'm thinking the current regulation size courses already built...better start expanding their automobile bag drops. :D

I'm thinking (actually, just guessing, like everyone does when it comes to future planning here) that 'Da Family' has decided that since golf doesn't seem to be a priority among the 'generations' that will eventually be buyers down there, that they can still attract residents...without golf being a focus as it has been up until now. :shrug:

Maybe they will build a plethora of small rec centers with the latest in computers/gaming technology installed and the future marketing will be...'Free video game playing for life.' :D

UpNorth 07-15-2018 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdNoMore (Post 1562350)
Hard to imagine, given the projected size of additional development...that only one regulation course is planned. :oops:

Even if there were 3-5, it doesn't seem commiserate...with the current ratio.

And given the distance to the existing courses from this 'southern expansion' (particularly any courses north of 466A), I'm thinking the current regulation size courses already built...better start expanding their automobile bag drops. :D

I'm thinking (actually, just guessing, like everyone does when it comes to future planning here) that 'Da Family' has decided that since golf doesn't seem to be a priority among the 'generations' that will eventually be buyers down there, that they can still attract residents...without golf being a focus as it has been up until now. :shrug:

Maybe they will build a plethora of small rec centers with the latest in computers/gaming technology installed and the future marketing will be...'Free video game playing for life.' :D

Exactly. The ratio of "free golf" to housing units is way down. Why "waste" the purchased land on free golf when you can build hou$e$ on that land? Give 'em putting and "pitch and putt" courses and tell them it's the "free golf". At my location off Canal Street, there are 22+ executive courses no more than a 15 minute golf cart ride away. You are not going to find that in these new development areas. Perhaps the developers are planning on reduced interest in golf. If not, expect those few executive courses "down south" to be very crowded. Good luck on the winter tee times.