Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Support Groups (Click Here) (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/support-groups-click-here-78/)
-   -   Tragic incident (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/support-groups-click-here-78/tragic-incident-268035/)

VILLAGERBB 07-17-2018 02:28 PM

Tragic incident

Does anyone have any other information about what happened? Very sad.

Sumter County Sheriff’s Office investigating apparent suicide at postal station

https://**************.com/sumter-co...ostal-station/

Taltarzac725 07-17-2018 03:53 PM

Preventing Suicide | NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness

Hope people look for help before making this final mistake.

Suicide Prevention Resource Center

Bogie Shooter 07-17-2018 04:08 PM

What more information is needed??

Boomer 07-17-2018 04:27 PM

Dear TOTVers,

Why the need to dig into the tragedies of others? And on a public forum, too?

It is unseemly at best and beyond callous at worst.

Over the years, this has been all too common around here. I am reminded of those nature shows where hyenas circle.

(Yeah. Yeah. I know. Delete MY post. Oh, the irony of that. But, hey, whatever.)

Sincerely,
Boomer, who just felt like finally saying something

spring_chicken 07-17-2018 04:32 PM

:bigbow:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomer (Post 1563290)
Dear TOTVers,

Over the years, this has been all too common around here. I am reminded of those nature shows where hyenas circle.

(Yeah. Yeah. I know. Delete MY post. Oh, the irony of that. But, hey, whatever.)

Sincerely,

PNaughton 07-17-2018 04:50 PM

Yenta

ColdNoMore 07-17-2018 04:52 PM

Quote:

Dear TOTVers,

Sincerely,

:boom:er

:thumbup:

graciegirl 07-17-2018 04:54 PM

Who knows what suffering preceded it. And what suffering is left?

Villagevip 07-17-2018 07:19 PM

Move along, nothing to see here....Seems to me the indifference, and insignificant that a villager decided to end his, her life in public...Person, desired to make a statement.. Look what happened to me, wanted life and death to be known..... If the deceased desired privacy, theres always the bedroom...IMHO..

OrangeBlossomBaby 07-17-2018 08:23 PM

Same reason I check the obits in my local paper. In case it was someone I know, it'd be helpful to know that so I can attend the funeral, or offer condolences to the family or maybe even do a little grieving myself. Dismissing people who want to know what happened, just because they ask, is - dismissive.

Bogie Shooter 07-18-2018 06:17 AM

I think if it is someone you know , you would not have to wait for the obits in the paper to find out.

Jayhawk 07-18-2018 07:14 AM

Interesting. EVERY poster who complains about people asking questions THEMSELVES decided to open this thread titled "Tragic Incident."

A bit hypocritical, perhaps?

Chi-Town 07-18-2018 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villagevip (Post 1563337)
Move along, nothing to see here....Seems to me the indifference, and insignificant that a villager decided to end his, her life in public...Person, desired to make a statement.. Look what happened to me, wanted life and death to be known..... If the deceased desired privacy, theres always the bedroom...IMHO..

Truth to what you say. Firing a gun at a public place even to end your life is questionable.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Fraugoofy 07-18-2018 09:04 AM

Quote:

Dear TOTVers,

Sincerely,

I agree with you 100% Boomer.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

graciegirl 07-18-2018 09:27 AM

I think that the OP like many of us read the report of the suicide and like many of us paused and wondered and reflected and felt sad for a situation that none of us would ever want to face.

Perhaps the OP felt like reaching out to others and so he posted.

We ARE all in this life together.