Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Talk of the Television (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-television-338/)
-   -   Alex Trebek May Retire around 2020? And CNN's Laura Coates might replace him? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-television-338/alex-trebek-may-retire-around-2020-cnns-laura-coates-might-replace-him-269031/)

Taltarzac725 07-30-2018 06:38 PM

Alex Trebek May Retire around 2020? And CNN's Laura Coates might replace him?

Alex Trebek Wants Laura Coates To Replace Him on '''Jeopardy''' | Money

She does not look familiar to me. Probably graduated long past my Class of 1989 U of MN Law School. And she looks a lot younger than I am.

JP 07-31-2018 08:44 AM

He should retire now.

2BNTV 07-31-2018 05:30 PM

In 2020, Alex will be 80 years old.

Time for a rest and do the things that he really enjoys, IMHO

stan the man 08-01-2018 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JP (Post 1567838)
He should retire now.

now now I know some of the questions are hard

dewilson58 08-01-2018 08:23 AM

I'm in the minority............I never got into that show or Alex.

:popcorn:

Taltarzac725 08-01-2018 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1568157)

Love both Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy.

Tried to get past the Jeopardy online quiz when they had try-outs in Orlando but could not figure out the button or something like that.

I doubt if Laura Coates would want a job like the host of Jeopardy. Pay is probably extremely well but she would not get all the interaction with daily news makers she gets as a journalist.

I remember a Mondale that was a journalist. I had a Mondale in some of my law classes but not the female journalist. She passed in 2011. Eleanor Mondale - Wikipedia

CFrance 08-01-2018 12:33 PM

Alex Trebek had a brain injury after a fall. He was on You Tube a while ago announcing it. January 2018. I don't know the outcome, but I wonder if it has something to do with his wanting to retire. 'Jeopardy!' host Alex Trebek on leave after brain surgery, says 'prognosis is excellent' - The Washington Post

westcoast 08-01-2018 12:33 PM

Too far away to think about

Taltarzac725 08-01-2018 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 1568251)
Alex Trebek had a brain injury after a fall. He was on You Tube a while ago announcing it. January 2018. I don't know the outcome, but I wonder if it has something to do with his wanting to retire. 'Jeopardy!' host Alex Trebek on leave after brain surgery, says 'prognosis is excellent' - The Washington Post

I recall that.

I think he would want to go right away if he had had a serious brain injury.

I did follow Laura Coates on Facebook and will say "hi" to a fellow Graduate of the U of MN Law School. And perhaps explain what I have been doing since 1991 to her. She probably had a few of the same law professors I did. Depends on when she went there though.

William Mondale is the one who was in some of my law classes. He was class of 1990 I believe like my former roommate/girlfriend Jennifer and the first Muslim elected to Congress. Keith Ellison - Wikipedia Ellison was not in any of my classes though that I can recall but some of these were quite big.

Rapscallion St Croix 08-01-2018 01:43 PM

My choices to replace Trebeck

Gary Busey
Randy Quaid
Mickey Roark
Yoko Ono
Charlie Sheen

Taltarzac725 08-01-2018 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix (Post 1568274)

Gary Busey
Randy Quaid
Mickey Roark
Yoko Ono
Charlie Sheen

Those are amusing. It will probably be some other game show host who replaces him. If they really want to get the young crowd watching they should pick Chris Hardwick. He does Talking Dead and various shows like that and did host a few game shows. He married a Hearst-- Lydia. Chris Hardwick - Wikipedia

graciegirl 08-01-2018 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix (Post 1568274)

Gary Busey
Randy Quaid
Mickey Roark
Yoko Ono
Charlie Sheen

Your choices to me would be better than Coates. See here;

Laura Coates’ Wiki: Husband, Education & More Facts!

A LITTLE too political for me.

Alex Trebek was not very personable according to a person who was on the show. And he IS very bright and very much could win Jeopardy himself. He didn't have any colorful background that I knew about and that was good. He will be hard to replace. He was in charge for sure. AND very picky about the exact right answer.

manaboutown 08-01-2018 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1568157)

Me neither but my parents and their siblings were into it. Unfortunately they all passed away years ago.

Rapscallion St Croix 08-01-2018 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1568281)
Your choices to me would be better than Coates.

I just think that the contestants have monopolized "weirdness". Time to give the host a shot.

Nucky 08-01-2018 05:16 PM

I pick Barefooterer or Golfing Eagles.

Every category LOBSTER!