Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Investment Talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/investment-talk-158/)
-   -   Restaurant Business (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/investment-talk-158/restaurant-business-269692/)

sr1436 08-08-2018 03:14 PM

Restaurant Business

So, I'm thinking about starting a small restaurant back in KY hometown. No experience. Any experienced advise? Text or call me at 352-321-8423.

coach 08-09-2018 08:13 PM

One half of all new restaurants fail in the first year. One half of those that survive the first year fail within three. It is not a business for someone with no experience.

dewilson58 08-09-2018 08:30 PM

Dude, unless you have experience.......don't.

This is not the forum to get answers.

:pray:

Nucky 08-09-2018 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1570609)
Dude, unless you have experience.......don't.

This is not the forum to get answers.

:pray:

One person comes to mind on helping the OP on what not to do. Just sayin. :1rotfl:

tophcfa 08-09-2018 09:25 PM

Highest bankruptcy rate and alcoholism rate of any business. Very difficult way to make a living and still have a decent quality of life. The hours are ridiculous and finding good help at a wage that lets you make a profit is next to impossible. With the recent push to bring the minimum wage to $15/hour (I used to work for a minimum wage of less than $2/hour), you have to charge prices that make customers run away. And local towns/municipalities have jumped in to charge a dinning tax that also scares away customers. Trust me on this, I have a four year degree in Hotel and Restaurant Administration. After working in the field for a few years, I ran away and changed career paths. One of the best deceisions I eve made. If I stayed in that business, we would never have been able to afford the Villages dream that we are now living!

CWGUY 08-10-2018 12:38 AM

:shrug: I don't think it will work. I'm not sure people from KY are very good cooks..... have you ever tasted their jelly?:yuck:

Blessed2BNTV 08-10-2018 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWGUY (Post 1570655)
:shrug: I don't think it will work. I'm not sure people from KY are very good cooks..... have you ever tasted their jelly?:yuck:

Ok it took me a minute....but that was real funny!

stan the man 08-10-2018 07:37 AM

Go for it

tomwed 08-10-2018 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blessed2BNTV (Post 1570660)
Ok it took me a minute....but that was real funny!

took me a lot longer, that is funny

eweissenbach 08-10-2018 10:02 AM

I had a close friend who started a barbeque restaurant from scratch. Long story short, the business failed in less than six months and he had to take bankruptcy. I would say no one should start a restaurant without years of experience in all aspects, waiting, cooking, and business. Everyone seems to think they could run a restaurant simply because they like to eat. You could be the exception, but be careful.