Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Landscape Talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/)
-   -   Lawn Mowing Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/lawn-mowing-services-271442/)

sdaley 08-31-2018 02:17 PM

Lawn Mowing Services

Have gone thru 2 mowing services since moving to TV 2 years ago. I'm now looking for a reliable, conscientious and reasonably priced lawn mowing service. Any experiences/recommendations? Thanks

Birdinparadise 08-31-2018 04:21 PM

Reliable and conscientious

We have used the same lawn service for 4+ years. It is Glennon Lawn Service and his name is Jeff. We love the fact that we get an email or text if he and his crew gets behind due to bad weather letting us know when he will be there. He also lives in TV. Great customer service!!

Call him at (352) 391-7825 and he will give you an estimate.

mulligan 09-01-2018 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdaley (Post 1576989)
Have gone thru 2 mowing services since moving to TV 2 years ago. I'm now looking for a reliable, conscientious and reasonably priced lawn mowing service. Any experiences/recommendations? Thanks

I'd say, out of reliable, conscientious, and reasonably priced, you may pick any 2.

sdaley 09-01-2018 09:17 AM

Thanks for the reply! I'll give them a call.

Hermit 10-11-2018 02:38 PM

We also use Glennons Lawn Service, and are happy with them.

Rango 10-16-2018 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Birdinparadise (Post 1577022)
We have used the same lawn service for 4+ years. It is Glennon Lawn Service and his name is Jeff. We love the fact that we get an email or text if he and his crew gets behind due to bad weather letting us know when he will be there. He also lives in TV. Great customer service!!

Call him at (352) 391-7825 and he will give you an estimate.

We use Jeff also. He was great for the first 2 years, than things got bad.
I would no longer recommend him.

Hermit 10-16-2018 03:38 PM

Hi. What happened that was bad? Thanks.

Rango 10-16-2018 03:46 PM

I don't want to comment now. Jeff may read this forum.

karostay 10-17-2018 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rango (Post 1590781)
I don't want to comment now. Jeff may read this forum.

Why make a public accusation and not give any details ?

HUMMMMM

mrf6969 10-17-2018 10:33 AM

Call Kenny at KJ5Star. Used them for Years and always reliable and fair. 352-303-8482

JoMar 10-17-2018 01:29 PM

Exactly what is reasonably priced?

Rango 10-17-2018 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karostay (Post 1590910)
Why make a public accusation and not give any details ?

HUMMMMM

Ok details: ( I wanted to wait to hear from Jeff before I responded any further)

I've used Jeff for three years. Always pleased with his service. I'm a seasonal resident. Spoke with Jeff before leaving the Villages about weeding and trimming.

I emailed Jeff several times about weeding the beds (which were newly landscaped) and trimming the bushes before I left to go north.

I got a call from my home watch person that the weeds and bushes needed attention.
I was away from The Villages for 5 months

I called Jeff he said "consider it done" Three weeks later when I arrived in The Villages, it was obvious the beds had never be weeded and the bushes had never been trimmed. The grass was very tall, had not been mowed in a long time. I'm surprised I didn't get a call from The Villages. It looked like an abandoned house.

I called Jeff and he came over 2 days later and did all the work.

He apologized and said he intended to get to but never did. Because "he has over 200 customers and things got away from him" He doesn't have time to trim/weed anymore.(so why didn't he tell me)

He said he has a guy that will do it from now on.

I like Jeff, he is a nice guy. But I'm disappointed.

I've worked with several vendors that slack off when they know you are not around to keep on top of things.

I'm continuing to use Jeff, for know.

I'll see how it goes.

I have friends (full timers) that use Jeff, because I recommended him and they have not had any issues.

Nuff said.

Ecuadog 10-17-2018 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rango (Post 1591070)
... "he has over 200 customers and things got away from him" He doesn't have time to trim/weed anymore.(so why didn't he tell me) ...

I know a guy that only does pruning. He says that if it's one thing that he has learned over the years, it is that you can't do both mowing and pruning and expect to do both well. Pick one or the other for your business.

uww1974 10-17-2018 06:48 PM

Brenda Best. Brenda and her husband are a great hard working couple. Used them for two years.