Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Village Kitchen (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/village-kitchen-121/)
-   -   Makes a GOOD CUP OF COFFEE (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/village-kitchen-121/makes-good-cup-coffee-271516/)

Tom C 09-01-2018 01:24 PM

Makes a GOOD CUP OF COFFEE

I am not particular, but I do like a good cup of coffee. We have tried lots of coffee makers and found that by far the best coffee maker we have found is the Nespresso (we have the Vertuoline model). :coolsmiley:

What we don’t is that we can only get the coffee via the mail ( no stores near us).

Does anyone else have a coffee maker that they JUST LOVE :a040: the coffee ☕️ it makes?

Investment Painting Contractors 09-01-2018 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom C (Post 1577229)
I am not particular, but I do like a good cup of coffee. We have tried lots of coffee makers and found that by far the best coffee maker we have found is the Nespresso (we have the Vertuoline model). :coolsmiley:

What we don’t is that we can only get the coffee via the mail ( no stores near us).

Does anyone else have a coffee maker that they JUST LOVE :a040: the coffee ☕️ it makes?

We have a Cuisinart I like Pete's Dark Roast, it's smooth and full bodied not bitter. My wife like Starbucks Dark Roast. I think its bitter but she likes it because it stands up to Irish Creamer. Len

Bjeanj 09-01-2018 01:52 PM

Where can one buy Pete’s Dark Roast? I cannot drink Starbucks coffee.

asianthree 09-01-2018 01:57 PM

Nespresso, buy pods online from them. Free ship no need for retailers :mornincoffee: second choice French press, pure kona, or blue mountain

tomwed 09-01-2018 02:36 PM

Quote:

SALE $119.99 (75% OFF) Sale ends 9/3/18 Pricing Policy REG. $480.00

https://www.bloomingdales.com/shop/p...BoCOHYQAvD_BwE

the ad says 75% off

i have a mr. coffee

Carla B 09-01-2018 02:39 PM

It's spelled Peets, I think. Publix has it. Very good coffee.

jblum315 09-01-2018 02:51 PM

I have a Cuisinart 12 cup automatic that I’ve had for about 5 years. Coffee is great, good and hot. The machine also includes a separate water heater for tea etc
P.S ilike Folgers Black Silk

I don’t like Keurig coffee at all

B-flat 09-01-2018 03:10 PM

I enjoy Starbucks dark roast. I use a simple 1 cup maker called the Aeropress it makes what I think is a very smooth cup of coffee.

aeropress | Bed Bath & Beyond

ColdNoMore 09-01-2018 06:14 PM

Cuisinart with a thermal carafe.

After many trips to the islands, I became hooked on Kona coffee many, many years ago...and now buy only 'Private Reserve' (Amazon).

While not cheap, great coffee is one of those things that is one of my life's greatest pleasures...and is well worth the cost. :thumbup:

The 9 Best Kona Coffee Brands To Buy In 2018 | KitchenSanity

Quote:

Private Reserve Kona Coffee

This blend is a mixture of 100% Kona coffee beans from a variety of different grades and farms. The Private Reserve was awarded the title of the “Best in America” by Forbes magazine.

CWGUY 09-01-2018 06:49 PM

:) New Costco flyer in the mail today :

Peet's Yosemite Organic K- Cups 54 ct. = $19.99 :shrug:

Villageswimmer 09-01-2018 07:54 PM

Quote:

I’ve been wanting one of these for years and still haven’t pulled the trigger. Does yours make espresso and regular coffee? Where did you purchase it and where do you buy the coffee?

There are so many models it’s very confusing.

tophcfa 09-01-2018 10:24 PM

Maybe I am not a very sophisticated coffee drinker, but I am totally happy with my daily k cup made with Newman's Special Blend from Costo. Every time we go out for breakfast, or when I get a coffee from Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts, I always think it is not as good as my k cup? Although one time, I had a cup of coffee made from fresh ground coffee beans that were put into a French press and that was really good, but way too much work for me for a cup of coffee.

Tom C 09-02-2018 01:04 AM

Ours makes differnet coffees and can make espresso by reprogramming it. The selection of types and blends is good and the quality of the coffee is really top notch. It makes a creme on the top of each that is rich and creamy... I have not seen any other maker that can do it. We got ours thru the mail (Amazon if I recall correctly).

They also have a great service policy.

asianthree 09-02-2018 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villageswimmer (Post 1577349)
I’ve been wanting one of these for years and still haven’t pulled the trigger. Does yours make espresso and regular coffee? Where did you purchase it and where do you buy the coffee?

There are so many models it’s very confusing.

There are two kinds of pods, one looks similar to a small K cup,( you can get off brands for these models), and the other is a small round dome, pods are not interchangeable.

I have the vertuo Pod that is small dome there are no off brands for this line of machine.

My pods determine what coffee is brewed. There are 4 kinds of espresso, and about 15 different kinds of strength coffees. Pods make 5.5ozs to 12.5, except for the espresso that is 1.5oz. To 2 ozs.

You are correct there are multiple coffee makers, with nespresso name under couple of brands. You first need to decide what pod you want to buy, then what maker.

I went to a sur la table store to try which pod made the better coffee. While the original pod made great coffee, the small dome verrtuo line was even better. But that line of makers without a sale starts at $250 to $700, depending on the bundle you buy.

It’s was a nespresso day with the reps from the company there with every machine made, base models to some with built steam milk. It was the end of the day and were about to pack up and sold me the $450 vertuo maker with steamer and a separate frothier for $165, ( I wanted red, it took the black for the deal). So there are deals to be had on Amazon and in stores that sell them.

Mine is about 2 years old, I only drink one cup a day either French pressed, or nespresso. So cost is not a factor for me. If you drink multiple cups of coffee a day you might want to consider a regular coffee maker, or a K cup.

FenneyGuy 09-02-2018 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bjeanj (Post 1577235)
Where can one buy Pete’s Dark Roast? I cannot drink Starbucks coffee.

I think he means "Peets" rather than "Petes". You can buy it at Publix. When I buy Peet's, I like "Major Dickason's Blend". Here are Peet's dark roasts:

Dark Roast Coffee Beans | Peet's Coffee